The Alanis Morissette Thread

YRBB

• Members

New album, Havoc and Bright Lights, has been announced! To be released August 28!

148705_10150731236671794_6002796793_9678066_874877414_n.jpg

The first single, Guardian, will be released on iTunes May 15, with the radios getting it four days ahead of that.

Here's a recent interview:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-alanis-morissette-on-her-new-lp-kinship-with-leonardo-dicaprio-20120502

So freaking excited!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's interesting because I absolutely adore Under Rug Swept and enjoy So Called Chaos as well... It wasn't until Flavors of Entanglement that I was a bit (maybe a lot) disappointed, although there were some stand-outs there as well. I just hope she goes back to her usual type of music.

Maybe she should work with Ballard again (unless there was so backstage thing that happened)

• Members

Ballard refined her music, which is probably what she really needs and hasn't had for a while - direction.

I thought her albums since Supposed Former Infatuated Junkie were uneven and heavily retreads at best.

It's like she's tried but never quite managed to successfully blend the spirituality of Junkie with the raw honesty of Jagged Little Pill.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived