Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now a days...Pilots are what grab the audience! If the pilot doesnt grab the people, the show is screwed....we have seen this is recent years, if the pilot doesnt get people attention, it doesnt matter how many shows it takes to gets it footing, the show will likey not last.

• Members

I occasionally watch Chelsea Lately and I read AYTV a couple of years ago so I was thrilled when NBC announced they picked up this series. The first two episodes were hilarious - it doesn't take itself too seriously, neither does Laura Prepon so I think she plays Chelsea fairly well. Handler is hilarious as Sloane too:

"What, am I going to call up Vinnie Machato and see what time he gets off at the cigarette factory and then we can go down to the river and molest each other?" :lol:

I really don't mind this bad girl-sitcom trend this year - "2 Broke Girls", "Whitney" and "Vodka" - they're fun, hip and sassy shows - I'm watching every week!

• Administrator

I thought the first episode was okay - just a few laughs. But I loved the second episode. So far I really like DeeDee and Todd and the sister relationship between Chelsea/Sloane. I'm going to give the show a few more episodes before I decide to pick it up, but I have a feeling I will. I don't think I'm going to dump it after 4 episodes like I did with 2 Broke Girls.

• Members

Oh dear... I don't see this or Whitney as remotely hip... They seem like uncomfortable fits at trying to mix sassy bad girl humour with typical cliche sitcom sentimentality and I don't buy either elements... Shame as I like a number of the actors and people involved (and while a little Chelsea goes a long way with me, I DO find her often funny and have enjoyed a couple of her books).

Archived