SOD: All Soaps... [8/25/09]

• Members

825cover.jpg

LATE-BREAKING NEWS

GH's Burton Staying

Melissa Hayden on GL Homecoming

AMC To Move To L.A.; OLTL To Inherit AMC Studio Space ... SOD says the actors have been given until "shortly after Labor Day" to decide if they want to relocate with the show; the ABC rep also clarifies something that seems contrary to that decision-making process, and that is: "If an actor is under contract, their contract applies, regardless of where the show tapes." The show will cease taping in New York after the December 11 taping.

DAYS: Philip And Melanie Have Sex!

Y&R's Deacon Blackmails Amber Into Marriage

ATWT: Holden is Dead

GL: Natalia Comes Home

B&B: Bill's Sacrifice For Katie

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW!

OLTL: Blair's Out to Ruin Tea

Y&R: JT and Victoria's Wandering Hearts

ATWT: Paul "Meets" His Brother

DAYS: Rafe Gets a Clue

EDITORS' CHOICE: For Better or For Worse, Y&R

PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Sarah Brown (Claudia, GH)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know WHO I thought it was, but I certainly didn't think it was KeMo. What in the world were they thinking?!

I have no desire to sit through another "Holden is dead" storyline, sorry. When in doubt over what to do with Holden, fake his death. It's been the mantra over there for like ten years.

I'm assuming Sarah Brown got Performer of the Week for Claudia losing the baby. Anyone know what Y&R story got Editor's Choice?

• Members

Exactly. At moments like these it makes me glad that I quit because I would feel extremely crazy for continuing watching this show.

However, I would like to say I am amazed at how some people still stick to it. I guess they have more love for the show than I do.

• Members

Who even cares about Sonny's choice? I don't know anyone who cares about Sonny/Claudia or about Sonny/Olivia.

As for why Y&R still gets praise, I'm sure some genuinely enjoy the show but I also think they almost have to keep beating the drums, to continue to get cooperation from the show and to try to keep the genre alive. I think it's also face-saving, because so many in the soap press threw parades about Y&R's supposed brilliance last year and early this year. They did this with Sheffer and ATWT for years. I wish I could remember that Editor's Choice where they praised Julia raping Jack. I think they even said it had good comic value.

• Members

But it really was good then and now it isn't. I don't see why it's losing face to admit things have changed. MAB was doing quite well last fall/winter, but then things took a very morbid turn with Adam killing his sibling in utero, MJ poisoning a child, two rapes, cancer, a dead cat corpse being lugged over hill and dale and the killing of a beloved family pet( and that's just a sample of the crap they've handed us over the summer).

The soap press isn't worth their salt if they can't admit things have taken a turn for the worse. Unless they really believe this is good soap, in which case, I have no words. Nothing like light, soapy, summer fare to keep the audience tuning in!!

Archived