Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

So, it looks like as has been talked about for a week or two, Scott Neal is coming to Hollyoaks. Scott was in the gay romance Beautiful Thing, then on The Bill as a gay cop, then on Emmerdale for a few days this spring as Aaron's defense attorney.

A poster at Digital Spy said that someone told them he would be a gay man who had a past with Brendan. I guess that means either it's intentional that Brendan looks like he wants to have sex with Ste, or perhaps they are going to say Brendan gay-bashed this man or manipulated him out of his money or something.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not much of an exit, although as Jake/Kris/Zak/et al proved, it could have been much worse. Dave and Charlotte went traveling after their plans to attend a rock festival didn't pan out. They were with two other students, Jamile and Doug (Doug has that annoying attempt at an American accent which I think sounds fake -- watch me be wrong). They picked up a young woman named Viv along the way. Viv was repeatedly described as being gorgeous and charismatic and able to get anyone to do what she wanted -- let's just say the actress, while competent, did not pull this off. Viv tried to steal their money and leave. When they caught her, she fled in their van. They then went through the stuff she'd left behind and found drugs. She came back later to try to get them and Charlotte subdued her while the boys videotaped their fight. Charlotte decided to go back to university with the boys while Dave went traveling on his own. He and Charlotte had a tearful goodbye before he walked down the road alone.

The episodes were strangely plotless. Lee spent episodes waiting for the right time to propose to his bimbo girlfriend, who apparently thinks Diana Vickers hair and wearing the band of a pair of panties around her head makes her unique. Aside from the calls from Bombhead, which were fun and which were a great use of Lee Otway's comic talents, probably the highlight was episode 5, where Lee was standing in the bathroom in his boxer briefs and whether through camera angle or something else, Lee had a much bigger bulge than I remembered from his Emmerdale days.

Texas slept with a rocker ex-boyfriend of India's, then spent the rest of the time fretting and moaning over whether India would find out. When India did find out, she barely reacted and it was quickly forgotten. Odd. When they had a story about Steph sleeping with a rocker it went on for months.

• Members

I enjoyed Freshers. Sure it was pointless , but i enjoyed it. Its what teens usually do in the summer. I don`t think it was meant to be so storyline heavy. The actress who plays Texas i admit does need Improvement and the guy who played Trent was pretty good.

I like Leanne & Doug as students,Jamil i just don`t like. Too Dull.

Good fun and it shows Hollyoaks care about their online audience.

• Members

Monday's episode:

It was alright. I wonder where Darren is going to love now? I hated Doug the second he got out of that van and yelled and Kevin Smith ("the alien") :rolleyes:

Jamil has potential. Who was he talking to on the phone? Why doesn't he drink?

That scene where everyone was eating dinner was hard to watch. So cheesy and just plain dumb. Of course, I hate Leanne as well. Messing with Steph and Carmel with that psychic crap, then cheating on Lee? This bitch is already DEAD to me.

Were Lee and Darren, and Lee and Steph actually friends? I particularly find it hard to believe Lee and Steph were, due to Steph being responsible for Lisa trying to kill herself.

I guess Ashley Slanina-Davies really did quit. It looked like, with this episode, that they were going to involve her with this new crowd. :( Oh well.

Hey Carl, you got a Zara mention!

Edited by Amello

• Members

This is better than what I had expected. I'm not sure about the music or the pink backgrounds but I think some of the backgrounds for the characters are interesting. I'm not completely sure of some of the backgrounds (are they saying Nancy is becoming a journalist? Is Rhys's flag supposed to represent his favorite football team?). I'm glad that Darren and Tony got to lead off the credits. It takes a bit to get used to but I think with some time and editing it will work. The previous credits sometimes made me worry some viewers would have a seizure.

The only real complaint I have is that I thought they had put Louie in the opening credits and then I realized it was Jasmine in her boy clothes. I really like Louie, I'm going to miss him.

I wonder if those who are excluded are leaving. I don't see Anita, India, or Charlotte, but I haven't heard that they're leaving. Cindy wasn't in them because they were done while Steph Waring was on maternity leave.

It's interesting that none of the older characters were in there -- including Gabby Sharpe, or the Costello or O'Connor parents. I guess even though they have a lot of story they are still put in the same bracket as Myra and Frankie and Jack.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yes. Frankie as a schoolgirl, Cheryl as a fairy godmother, Ste as some sort of servant or monkey. Apparently a lot of that was scrapped. I'm not sorry that Nick Pickard does not have to wear that awful outfit...

I noticed Rae was in those and isn't in the new one.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a235332/behind-the-scenes-at-the-new-oaks-titles.html