2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

St. Germain was gone from the credits again today and Sunshine wasn't listed.

My only explanation for the on again off again of these two is that they are freelancers that are filling in for someone that is taking time off or they are both auditoning for an upcoming vacancy.Just my speculation.

BTW,Grant Aleksander (ex Phillip,GL) directed tody's episode. He is an occasional director for the show.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bettina Francionne Bradbury has joined the writing staff of "Days of Our Lives" as a dialogue writer. Bradbury began her writing career on "Capitol" from 1984-1987. She wrote for "Santa Barbara" from 1991 until its final episode in 1993. She then was a staff writer on "All My Children" from 1993-2006 and most recently wrote for "One Life to Live" and "As the World Turns" in 2006. She has won 3 Daytime Emmy Awards, all for "All My Children", in 1996, 1997 and 1998. Bradbury, 51, was born on July 22, 1955.

• Members

Her dad is the famous novelist Ray Bradbury....

On a competely different note, a WHOLE bunch of out of work writers and directors available for EPs to choose from now that Passions is gone! I'm sure the good ones (i.e., Gail Lawrence, Pete Rich) will be snapped up by other shows. I'm just glad I'm not a Passions employee today :(

• Members

Bettina Bradbury was a fine script writer at ATWT, but I'm not missing her at all. The consolidation of the writing staff is probably a factor in the strengthening of the writing these past two weeks -- less cooks stirring the pot, more continuity from day to day. Also, Bradbury was a relatively new writer to ATWT, so she didn't take any major history or character knowledge with her. Wow though, it's cool, I didn't know she's the daughter of Ray Bradbury!

By the way, I feel like there are probably a ghost writer or consultant's storylines playing out on ATWT right now. Maybe I'm just biased and not giving credit where it's due, but ATWT since last Monday has felt too good, "old-time soap" emotion, and character-based to me for Jean P., Chris Whitesell, and Leah Laiman to be the main forces behind it all.

Archived