Courtney Love's New Album "Letter To God" News

R!ck

• Members

Tenative Track Listings: Realease Date (Oct-Nov)

How Dirty Girls Get Clean

The Depths of My Despair

My Bedroom Walls

Sad But True

Sunset Marquis

Pacific Coast Highway

For Once In Your Life

Wildfire

Loser Dust

Never Go Hungry Again

Stand Up [!@#$%^&*]

Good In Bed

Letter To God

'Letter To God' is the first single and Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand) will direct the video.

Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan) and Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes, Pink, Xtina) produced the album.

"Make no mistake, I've written all these songs by myself. It's great to have good musicians, but this is me and a guitar." - Love

"I had an amazing time. I think she's got some really good ideas. The songs sound fresh. Some of it has a (Bob) Dylan quality to it. It's quite raw and more personal". 'Sunset Marquis' has a really good story in (the lyrics). It sounds like a classic Courtney Love song and feels like it could be a big hit. - Ben Gordon

'Pacific Coast Highway' is "a glam yet bruising pop ditty that, when treated with enough guitars, will sound gigantic". 'Never Go Hungry Again' was described as "a soft country lament that, like most of the new songs, is about survival." - NME

"hard rocking autobiographical...and 'totally indulgent' tour de force, it's all brilliant." - NME

"Working on this record has been just a pleasure. It’s been a slow process because we’ve been really horning in on a vibe. Like the thing I wanted to do with Courtney is create a real cool vibe. There’s some fast songs on there, but the majority of it are kinda mid-tempo, hypnotic type songs, that, you just kinda get lost in her songs and then here’s her voice and all we’re doing musically is kinda creating a cool little landscape, an atmosphere for her to showcase her voice. And then there’ll be the big punky rock song but personally, I wanted to hear on this record with Courtney, who Courtney is at 42. She’s definitely not a stage diver, you know what I mean? She’s not going out play a concert and dive into the audience anymore. So I wanted to make a record with her that gave a little bit of Hole and who Courtney is right now, after the [!@#$%^&*] she’s been through because what people forgot about with Courtney is the music." - Linda Perry

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up. I liked "America's Sweethearts" and the video for Mono was a hoot.

I loved Hole back in the day. Have you ever listened to Melissa Auf der Maur's solo CD? I rate it better than Courtney's first solo outing. JMHO.

Is that Oct/Nov release for the first single, or the CD?

• Members

The new single "Letter to God" should be out by the end of the month. And the album in late fall.

Wow, I can't believe I found another person who owns "Auf der Maur" lol I would tell everyone to go buy it, but since it's Out of Print, Get it from Ebay! :lol:

Archived