7th Heaven Star a real life angel

Shawn

• Members

I'm really impressed with Jessica for doing this. It proves that she truly has a good heart.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/...5337292000.html

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biel Charity-Auction Date Raises $30,000

Wed Jul 19,10:22 PM ET

A date with Esquire's "The Sexiest Woman Alive" and "7th Heaven" star Jessica Biel raised $30,000 to help a teenager who lost her leg in a prom night limousine accident.

Denver media reported the winning bid Tuesday came from a man identified only as John. In all the event dubbed "Mollypalooza" raised $38,000 help Molly Bloom's family with medical expenses, organizers told the television stations and the Rocky Mountain News.

Bloom lost a leg and part of her pelvis in the May 13 accident and was undergoing rehabilitation at a Denver hospital.

"(Biel) has this opportunity to create a buzz that would provide some support and she's more than happy to do that," Jonathan Biel, Biel's father told KMGH-TV. He said it was his daughter's idea to hold the auction for a lunch date.

The young man in a dark, striped suit, with close-cropped hair who was wearing a white tie outbid another young man's bid of $23,500, the Rocky Mountain News reported.

"I'm a senior vice president for an oil and gas company in Denver," the News quoted him as saying after he was brought up to the stage.

Biel, a Boulder native who was on location in Italy, wasn't at the fundraiser Tuesday, but taped an audio message where she said: "I promise, I'm a cheap date." The lunch date will happen Aug. 18 when Biel is in town to receive a humanitarian award, organizers told the stations.

Organizer contact Jeanne Lee did not immediately return phone or e-mail messages left by The Associated Press.

Bloom was run over and dragged about 38 feet by a Hummer stretch limousine, police said. Limousine driver Stanley D. Sample, 38, faces a misdemeanor charge of careless driving resulting in serious bodily injury.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm shocked that Jessi is actually showing antoher side to her other than sex symbol, so that's great to know she has heart.

That said, I'm stunned that the AP, which normally covers all angles, didn't say what the efing money was for! Is it a prosthetic? Surgeries? What?!

• Members

I always thought Jess was pretty cool.

And Mary wasn't as frumpy or as dorky as the Lucy character.

I'm a bit of a rebel in real life so I don't relate to goody-goods.

The show wasn't the same after Jess left.

I didn't miss it when it got cancelled.

(I think 7th Heaven's cancelled. That's what my BFF said. )

:unsure:

• Members

Meredith,

"7th Heaven" was canceled by the WB television network (bastards!) But then, due to an argubly Providential act, the WB ITSELF was canceled to form the network The CW, a joint venture between WB and UPN, which also died in the merger. As if an act from God Himself, "7th Heaven" returns with new episodes on The CW this fall! :)

Archived