So You Think You Can Dance FINALS

DaysFanJean

• Members

SYTYCD Finals

Beginning Wednesday, July 19, the format of SYTYCD will change to:

There will be no set couples like previously.

Each dancer will draw for a partner each week for two dances and each performer will perform one solo...........so that is three dances for each contestant left each week.

The judges will not play into who stays or goes because each contestant will receive a telephone number for viewers to call in their votes for their favorites.

The dancers who are in the final competion are:

Allison

Benji

Dimitri

Donyelle

Heidi

Ivan

Martha

Natalie

Ryan

Travis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just briefly tonight. We have a storm rolling in.

Excellent, excellent show. Wish I had taped it.

From my perspective, Martha and Ivan will leave.

The judges did a great hatchet job on them and Ryan. Not hard at all to tell who they want to go.

Top: hands down Heidi and Travis. I was so mesmerized and near tears with their contemporary dance. Fabulous.

Solo: Benji and Heidi both were stupendous.

More tomorrow.

• Members

I am so disappointed. Truly Dimitri is a better dancer than Ivan, but apparently voting America didn't see it that way.

All of these dancers are really good and I don't want to see any of them go, just see one of them win LOL, but to get there means the rest have to go.

Tonight:

Girls: Martha and Natalie

Martha was voted off.

Guys: Ryan and Dimitri

Dimitri was voted off.

• Members

I figured Martha would go. She's a great dancer, but her solo fell flat the other night.

I don't like Dimitri. He's a good dancer, but he has no personality, and I always believed that he was the reason his partners kept getting cut. I'm not sad to see him go.

• Members

I figured that Martha was gonna go. The judges had really high expectations after the Broadway dance, but she couldn't deliver.

I was shockes, yet pleased that Dmitri got cut. He's really not versatile, and there's so much shirt opening that a guy can do before it gets boring and repetitive. I do also think that with as many issues as each partner had, I think he was ultimately the reason why his partners were cut.

I guess Nigel must have figured out by now that Ryan has a much bigger fanbase than he thought...

• Members

I love Ryan's face. He is a sweet looking person and when he smiles, his whole face lights up. I don't think he is one of the best dancer's but he is better than Ivan in my judgement as was Dimitri.

I really thought Dimitri would be go when they got to the final three. About his personality, Nigel explained that he has a marvelous personality and great sense of humor. All his castmates love him. What he does that I think doesn't come across as desirable to the viewers is that he dances with his own inner joy, for the love it and not for the love of pleasing anyone else.

You see that desire to bring the audience's pleasure in Heidi and Benji, Donyelle and Natalie. Allison doesn't do that either because she is so young, she is just having a great time. I was surprised that Natalie was one of the bottom two girls and attribute that to her sexy behavour and many people don't care for that style in this type competition. She hurt herself there.

Archived