24 Season 5 Series Reruns

DaysFanJean

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great to see Jack again. Yes, I did see and glean more from tonight than the original showing. Maybe I was not watching from the very beginning last time, but I didn't remember any of the opening. The first I remembered was Michelle and Tony talking then Michelle getting blown up and Tony right after her.

Again, the two hours were gone before I was ready for it to be over. I loved this part where the show ended tonight and look forward to next Friday night.

I'm not saying more because maybe there are some new viewers and don't want to spoil the show for you.

• Members

You are in for a treat if you love 24. Season 4 and 5 are tied in my opinion for the best of the series. I'm all geared up for tonight. Since it comes on at 7 here, same time as The O'Reilly Factor, which my dh cannot live without, I get to watch the first hour in the bedroom.....not too bad as the TV in there has a much better picture, just not as large a screen or the sound. I'll live LOL and get to watch the last half hour in the den.

• Members

Oh yes, I loved season 1 that really did get me hooked on 24.

Season 2 was ok but not as good as season 1,

Season 3 was ho hum. But season 4 with the two different stories going and a chicken [!@#$%^&*] guy for president hiding away cuz he didn't want to get killed. David Palmer would never had wanted to do that.

I think that Mike would make a good president.

• Members

Here is a link to an excellent site telling everything you'd like to know about 24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(television)

It does have spoilers for Season 5, so be careful not to venture down into that section. Also there are links to sites that have more spoilers.

I love it especially for learning more about the actors who are in the episodes.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 26 2006, 02:34 PM)

It was bad enough the first time. I wonder even be being this season on DVD.

Because it is excellent. Everyone I talk to thinks it ties Season 4 as the best. Maybe you need to watch it all the way through again :huh:

• Members

Season Four was great the first time, but after watching it on DVD I see how quickly it fell apart. The Araz story ended terribly, because they didn't account for how popular Dina would be. Maryanne's story could've saved Curtis from being the uber dull token black, but they made her the predictable traitor so it went nowhere. Poor Behrooz is STILL sitting in that van and if it weren't for DVD we wouldn't know what happened to him. How can you not tell us what happened to a major character?

The things I loved about it were...

- Michelle, Palmer and Tony's returns were all excellent. They thought outside the box and it paid off.

- Introducing Logan was great, loved seeing him with Mike and Palmer. Shame they ruined it with that silly evil twist.

- Dina Araz was excellent, Shorah Adagosloo was mesmerizing and remains my favorite actor from this show.

- Chloe was at her peak this year. I didn't think anything could top her brow beating Kim or that damn baby, but she was kickass here.

Now season five....not only did the plot make no sense, but they made it incredibly apparant that they were writing it on the fly. Things didn't make sense, character development was lacking (especially at CTU) and something the writers have admitted is to killing off too many people.

Before a death was a HUGE event and we felt it. With Ryan Chappelle, George Mason and Edgar last season, it wasn't done for shocks. You understood it, it was well written and we felt it. This year they killed so many people it becomes clear it's more about the shock. Hell, Tony's death was an after-thought, effected no one and he didn't even get a silent clock!

Instead of leaving Tony alive for the millionth time, why not kill him and let us see how Michelle deals with the grief? She's already shown she is a female Jack in the field and the show is lacking strong female characters like they. They could also use more interesting characters who can go in the field like before. Now because Jack does everything there is a lot of filler and the real time format is a joke.

As for the Logan's. I personally think Martha has always been overrated but I HATED what they did to Charles! To have a President like David Palmer is amazing, but they struck gold twice. Why do they feel the need to clean house every season? I doubt they can top Logan and Palmer.

To see more people who agree with me, check out the Bitter thread at TWoP: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/in...526&st=1035

But don't worry, there IS a thread for the people who are still loving the show. It's not very popular, but it is there: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/in...4220&st=600

And if you want to know all the plot holes you have have missed, the plot hole thread: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/in...5607&st=375

Archived