Tuesday Night Book Club

Bree

• Members

Is anyone going to watch when it starts up this month? It's supposed to be an adult version of MTV's Laguna Beach. Personally, I'm tired of these reality shows about whiny rich people and their woe-is-me problems. It will probably do good because nothing is really on TV right now.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the first episode aired last night, but I am not sure.

I have never seen LAGUNA(simply because it's a reality show on MTV that everyone watches), but does LAGUNA look as scripted as BOOK CLUB? I don't think I've ever seen something look so unreal.

I saw previews for this show and it looks like a cheaply made DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES clone. What neighborhood in their right mind would let a camera crew tape their bubble baths, their sexual encounters, etc? It just looks so FAKE.

I'm just waiting for TV to launch a reality series called WHO WANTS MY VIRGINITY?

• Members

I must see the promos 10 times a day while I'm watching soaps and it looks so bad!

It's an obvious rip-off on DH, w/ the mechanical bull and then the young "pool guy". And, of course, they have one woman who's the trophy wife, a divorced mother, a party girl (who's blonde nonetheless), and one who's the frazzled mom (total DH rip-off).

The promo said it was "real woman", so I don't know if that's a reality show. Some parts looked scripted, but some parts didn't. So I don't know what's up w/ it!

• Members

My hubby and I watched it. It's obvious that it's not a real "reality show." But I enjoyed it. For some reason I found it compelling. My hubby is a big fan of "DH" and sat and watched too. For a summer show it was worth the time.

Archived