Pepper Dennis

JERSoapsFan

• Members

Okay, I just watched my tape of tonight's episode of "Pepper Dennis" and I can't believe how great this show is! It just keeps getting better and better!

Now, yes. We'll be fair. It wasn't that great when it debuted. But now, it's sexy, it's funny, it's cute and true to the lives of journalists and their hardships with meeting ethical standards. Perhaps I'm a little biased since I'm a journalist but I just LOVE this show! It's like Mary Tyler Moore crossed with Ally McBeal. It has a good cast and entertaining stories, and no it's not "The West Wing" in its glory days but it's a fun little romp that also has heart.

It SO should get renewed by The CW for midseason!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, It's an amazing, amazing show. I love it. I am happy it's going on until July, but it should be on for a second season. I refuse to watch CW at times thinking about the cancelation of Pepper Dennis. :(

The whole show is just awesome. Rebecca, Josh, Brooke..What else can I say? It should be on the CW schedule.

• Members

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Romijn & Anderson Lose Out in TV Shake-Up

Rebecca Romijn's new TV show Pepper Dennis and Pamela Anderson's sitcom Stacked are two of the casualties in one of US TV's most ruthless cutbacks. The two shows join a long list of programs that will not return this autumn for new series on their respective networks. In Pepper Dennis, Romijn played an unlucky in love reporter, while Anderson was praised for her role as a busty bookstore employee. Also cancelled, according to top US magazine TV Guide, are long-running comedy The Bernie Mac Show, Jenna Elfman's Courting Alex, doomed Friends spin-off Joey and cult drama Everwood.

From IMDB's entertainment section.

• Members

Oh, you're not the bearer of bad news, Roman. We all already knew that when the CW didn't add it to the schedule. :lol:

But that doesn't mean we can't hope they'll change their minds, if just on the merits of the cast and its stories, which have just gained more steam with each airing. ;)

• Members

I saw the series premiere, and it was a pretty good show. You say it has now improved? Maybe one of the big networks will pick it up and run with it. It would fit in well with Fox, or maybe FX. :)

I still think it stinks that 7th Heaven, which had a series finale, gets renewed and PD gets the ax even though viewership has risen.

I hate posting news like that, because I and many others were holding out hope that The King Of Queens would not be cancelled, and than the stars it wasn't. My appologies. :)

• Members

Wait, ratings have RISEN?!!! OMG, please let htem continue to rise!

For the record, I think "Dennis" would be PERFECT on The CW, from what I can tell. Just give 'em midseason, guys. Please! America will soon grow to love this show just us much as we journos!!

• Members

I really believe some network will pick it up for mid-season. If it's that good, no one will pass on it, and if they do, it just goes to show that the execs who run the nets don't know [!@#$%^&*] about what people want to look at.

• Members

Well, of course journos like me love the show because we want to see facets of our profession on television, but I'm not sure if the nets realize there is a mass appeal for this show. Have you heard anything to spur these strong beliefs of yours? Because I'm always hopeful when a show is this good and just clicks, but I'm really fearful of what could happen. I just feel the only place that would consider it IS The CW, because it will surely be low-rated (compared to the other nets) like UPN and the WB were. But "Dennis" really is something. I'm just hoping and praying that The CW gives it a midseason pickup. Or by some miracle, another net, like Fox or something. It's very much like a more refined "Ally McBeal" so I could see it on Fox.

• Members

I had read that its viewership had risen steadily, which is why I can't understand, once again, why a network is cancelling a show that has risen. If this was the same thinking back in 1978, Dallas never would have lasted 14 seasons over 13 years, because when it first came on, the ratings were not that good. It took time to build an audience.

PD should have gotten alot more pub from The WB. I also think the merger into the CW is getting quality shows like PD axed, which is a damn shame. And they wonder why cable shows are kicking their asses.

Archived