State of Mind with Maurice Benard Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

If Martha was a little older you could (and I would) pass her off as a recast of Liz's scheming mother Carolyn on GH, unfortunately I don't know that it's quite plausible although she has visibly aged and Becky Herbst hasn't. (Especially if you reintroduced Sarah as an older sister, then it gets tricky if you cast someone like Tognoni who is only four years younger than MB lol) Yes, Martha played Andrea Floyd for 10 mins but who cares.

I try not to think about the QAnon-adjacent path her situation with her husband seems to be going down.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My goal casting would have been Robert Newman & Kim Zimmer as Elizabeth's parents. Seeing Zimmer vs. Laura Wright's Carly would've been a HOOT! And yeah, I try to not think about Byrne's personal life in that regard because it's disappointing.

Hazen is happy living on the east coast; won't be happening.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I love RN and KZ for who they are but I can't get behind re-pairing soap supercouples like that. I do think RN is an optimum choice for Jeff though. I had Carolyn in mind as a major antagonist for her daughter/the hospital as a brilliant, scheming surgeon and I'd want someone with real menace, and at this point Colleen Zenk is not an option because she's done it too much lol. MB can do cold menace, she did on GH before but she's a little too young/the actors who could play her daughters are a bit too old.

Hazen was long ago* and is again my choice for a Matthew recast on OLTL if it still existed, which it sadly does not. (* - I badly wanted OLTL to poach him in the 2000s as a kid actor when Eddie Alderson simply could not and would not act for most of the decade, until suddenly around '09 Eddie seemingly woke up one day, decided to act and quickly became the best young actor on the show.)

Edited by Vee