The niche potential for streaming classic soaps

• Members
Y&R has a classic feed up on Pluto but it begins with 2018 & is Mal Young's HW tenure.

B&B has its own YouTube channel beginning with full quality episodes from the very beginning, literally first episode. Well organized.

GH has a classic feed up but it begins in 2018. I believe it is called GH Spotlight & is on abc.com.

DOC is "on the air" on RetroTV. Apparently the last few years, the NBC produced years, are MIA. Also they are removing the copyright credit line. Reason unknown. Makes it difficult to date some episodes.

NEIGHBOURS: Amazon on both their Prime Video and on their free ad-supported FreeVee channel are streaming classic episodes of NEIGHBOURS. On FreeVee via Roku, for example, they are showing what they call Season 2012. On Amazon Prime under "Iconic Episodes" they are streaming what they call Season 1000 (1987) You can get FreeVee on your Rokus but you will have to go through the Add Channel process.

OLTL: The Prospect Park OLTL reboot web episodes are now being streamed on AppleTV and are available on ITunes as well. They are half hour long.

DARK SHADOWS, all 1225 episodes are streaming on FreeVee.

DALLAS, 1978, 13 seasons on FreeVee, Amazon Prime, AppleTV, VuDu & Google Play.

DYNASTY, 1981, 10 seasons (None have all 10 seasons. Check JustWatch.com ) Amazon Prime, AppleTV, VuDu, Google Play & Pluto.

NEWS: As of this month, Sept. 2023 Amazon is streaming new episodes of NEIGHBOURS.

NEWS: Hulu is streaming current CORONATION STREET 12 days behind.

NEWS: TITANS, 1 season, FreeVee

FALCON CREST, 9 seasons, 227 episodes
9 seasons, FreeVee
4 seasons each, Apple & Amazon
3 seasons, Google Play

MELROSE PLACE, 1992, 7 seasons
7 seasons each, Prime Video, Apple, Paramount Plus, Google Play & VuDu
5 seasons, Amazon

BEVERLY HILLS, 90210, 10 seasons
10 seasons each, Prime Video, Paramount Plus, Pluto
2 seasons, Hulu
1 seasons, Apple, Amazon, VuDu, Google Play
Fans complain about the generic music. 
Edited by Donna L. Bridges
typos are always with us

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, which is why I feel that it has to start with a preservation project at the very least to begin with - like, I could see Corday potentially digitizing DAYS as an example to preserve it, but the starting point can't probably be because anyone thinks it'll be financially rewarding. 

• Members

It is amazing to me that Disney has as many soaps as P&G! They each have 7 by my count. 

But, reboot? No, it won't happen. If it were going to it would've had to be years before now. That time has just passed. Streaming classic episodes is at least a possibility, even if not likely. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts