Being Over The Hill On Soaps | Days of our Lives, Another World, All My Children, As The World Turns, Young & the Restless

• Soapsuds changed the title to Being Over The Hill On Soaps | Days of our Lives, Another World, All My Children, As The World Turns, Young & the Restless
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for posting. A pity it was only half hour with too many guests to really get into anything. Maybe one actor from each network would have been enough and more in depth questions. A lot of the audience asked variations on the same question.

I think the mistake the soaps made and continue to do so is underestimate the popularity of the older characters with all age groups.

Older characters don't necessarily need a story but just a point of view and a valid presence on the show.

• Members

The network people have always gotten this completely wrong!

As a kid I loved Alice and Tom Horton on DAYS, Katherine and John Abbot on Y&R, Asa on OLTL, and several older characters on GH. Lee and Gail, Dr Hardy (never much cared for Audrey), Jessie, Ruby, and especially Edward and Lila Q. Some became more like a talk to- but many of them were integral in their own ways, just not always the lead.

Edited by titan1978