General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It would be the most interesting thing either character has done in years lol.  

Honestly, when they recast Michael and Kristina years ago, if they established they didn't grow up together at all because of Alexis or whatever the show probably could have gotten away with it.  

• Members

And I suspect they were actually toying with it when Drew Garrett and Lexi were in the roles and on the run in beachwear together. Soaps know how that stuff plays visually to an audience and I didn't think it was coincidence. As you mentioned, Chad and Lexi had it too back then.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Very flowers in the attic or Jerry Springer.  I having my sister's baby with my brother lol. Again, the most interesting baby story in years.  

Agree 100%.  Drew and LA had a lot of chemistry.  I honestly did think they were going there especially since the two of them were the only characters in their age range for a while.  

• Members

You could do it now but I think you'd have to write them both out for awhile after, lol. Which is probably okay given Michael needs a long break.

I still wish we knew if anything bad had gone down with DG because I'd still have him back.

• Members

It'd be worth it to me just to break up Willow/Michael.  

Same about DG.  Wasn't he difficult, but Mo liked him?  Although I did like Duell a lot when he was first hired.  I always thought it was very strange because DG seemed well received overall by the audience/press.

• Members

I'd never heard anything about DG being difficult, but I wasn't that plugged into the show at that time and it wouldn't surprise me if he was reported to be. I do think his energy was volatile and that Chad was prettier and more of a conventional young lead for soaps (though also very talented when he started).

• Members

Other than Lucy, Felicia, Martin, Tracy and Gregory, this episode is the weakest since the new writers started.

Having a 40 year old woman talk about her stuffed animal for 2 episodes to 2 different characters as she sits on the same couch...that's sounds like what the old writers would do.  So regressive.  TJ having a baby with her sister is going to be nasty.  No, thanks!  As much as I dislike the recasting choice, I hope they do not kill off the Molly character after the baby's born to end up making TJ & Kristina co-parent.  Just ship Molly off screen.

I really hope Martin stole the idea of the Deceptor from Enchantment.  Tracy & Erica Kane working together would be so amazing!  Susan Lucci doing a favor for GH's 60th anniversary by making a few cameo appearances would probably help get the ball rolling for a revival of Pine Valley.  I'm also liking this Tracy & Gregory Taming of the Shrew relationship.  It continues Tracy's long tradition of being paired with handsome men (Luke being the exception to the rule) decade after decade.

Edited by BrendaB

• Members

I am pretty sure that was the rumor about DG, but his firing was very unexpected and sudden.  I know MB went on record saying he was upset about it.   They recast Michael basically in the middle of his biggest scenes at the Claudia trial.  Very odd timing.  The fact DG wasn't immediately scooped up by another soap is suspect too.  I don't think CM was cast as Will on Days yet and I thought for sure he would have been in the running for that role.

• Members

Yeah, that's why I find it likely there had to be some bad vibes around him of some kind even if I don't recall the rumor. It's too bad.

I do think Gregory Harrison has chemistry with Jane Elliot despite thus far having played one of the most boring characters on the current show. It is weird to see Tracy and Alexis in a love triangle together. But I'd still probably find someone else lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I actually think GH has chemistry with Jane too, but she mostly has chemistry with everyone except Joe Scully Jr. lol.   It would be more exciting if Chase's dad was a good character and if Alexis/Chase's Dad had any movement in their romance at all.  I literally can't even remember his name right now.