Y&R: January Spoilers

• Members

I don't think the show ever had any intention of doing Fen/Ana. If they do,  it'll be a direct result of fans asking for it. JMO. 

Also, when I read the recap on soaps, it seemed that Ana was upset that Fen wasn't working on his music but instead going out. Her conversation with Devon kinda backed that up. Devon didnt  percieve it to be anything but work related. That's all he asked about. The show isn't subtle. If they wanted us to think it was romantic jealousy then that would have been said outright. 

Both Lola and summer using Fen to make Kyle jealous plays into the fen/Kyle rivalry moreso than it says anything about Lola and summers connection with fen. The show had every opportunity to make Ana the 4th in that qaud but chose not to do it. I honestly think that's because her purpose is to give Devon story. They are each other's main screen partners. 

Time will tell. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ana has had a lot of her scenes with Fen. Maybe the majority of them. A lot of her scenes has been with her and Fen getting to know each other, confiding and supporting each other. I think that the groundwork for a possible romance is being laid for them. (Granted, I don't know when that may happen). Though she has a lot of scenes with Devon as well. And both her and Fen have shared several scenes with Devon together.

I saw tomorrow's show and she came across as both upset that Fen seemed interested in Summer and upset that he wasn't taking his career as seriously as she'd like it. IMO, she came across as if she likes Fen. It is not the first time she has acted like she's liked Fen. She was snarky with Summer and Summer/Fen were flirting right in front of her, and she wasn't liking it. I think she will continue to be snarky with Summer and that they will clash with each other. I did like seeing her interact with another person in that age range in addition Fen. She should be interacting more with that age group. 

Also I thought that the Fen/Summer scenes were kind of interesting. I don't think they have as much chemistry as him/Ana, but I do think they have at least a little more than him and Lola. I don't really see any chemistry between him and Lola. Summer was using Fen to make Kyle jealous and Fen did seem to be genuinely interested in Summer. He was hurt that she was using him and told her to stop playing games. I do wonder if he will change his mind and ultimately go along with her plan to try and make Kyle jealous. But for a different reason than I originally thought. I had initially thought he would team up with her to try and break up Kyle/Lola to get Lola for himself. But now I think he may go along with Summer's plan so he can get closer to Summer. I'm not sure if he will still have feelings for Lola or not. He might or maybe he gave up on her when he saw her reconcile with Kyle, when he went to bring her flowers.

I think the interactions in this group may end up mirroring the ones with the older characters(Rey/Sharon/Nick/Phyllis/Billy/Victoria/Mia/Arturo/Abby) where we see them morph/break off into various triangles/quads etc, until they decide to settle on some of the pairs for a bit.

• Members

As I haven't truly been watching so I can only take your word about majority of her scenes. I read the recaps sometimes and go by Twitter (what viewers say and what the show promotes). 

If fen and Ana develop a vocal fan base that organizes and fight for them then they'll probably be paired. 

• Members

A lot of Ana's scenes have involved her getting to know and her and Fen confiding in each other. Most her scenes have been been with Fen and/or Devon. She's either been helping Fen with his career, talking/working on her own, supporting Devon as his sister, and talking with Devon about the music business.

She's barely interacted with the 20 something group outside of Fen. She's barely shared scenes with Kyle/Lola and Summer just got back a couple of days ago.  With Summer returning now her scenes with Fen may decrease somewhat. I think it will depend on what they want to do with Summer/Fen and how serious they might want to make them. (And also how long HKK may stay around this time. I could still see her sharing several scenes with Fen.

• Members

I mean, if the show wanted Ana in that quad, she would have been. Just seems to me that they don't want her in that romantic drama with Kyle nor Fen. 

Ana seem to have things to do but it just isn't romantic.  She should be friends with Kyle and Loma but have so far been kept apart from them. 

Ana can be grounded and mature and still be involved in a quad with them, if the show wanted 

I can see where she'd share scenes with Fen scolding him over not focusing on his career instead of summer. She's his talk to and angst for his life instead of his parents. 

• Members

That quad has just got started. Summer has been back like only two days. I think like with the older characters on this show a possible quad, triangle, could take be altered and take many forms. I believe that Ana sharing scenes with Summer today and being clearly bothered by their flirting is a sign she could be inserted into the younger group. It would be more concerning if she was just shown mostly isolated with Devon and not interacting with most of the 20 somethings. Like she has been outside of Fen, since she came back on the show.

I am interested in seeing how much time Ana is shown spending with Fen and maybe sparring with Summer going forward. If her scenes are pretty limited with them, (including sharing scenes with Fen individually.  I think she may be mostly isolated with Devon, until Summer leaves and/or an original character is possibly created for her as a love interest.

IMO, Ana needs to interact more with the 20 somethings ,regardless of who she is paired with.. They are her peers and it's not good that she's not interacting with them much.

• Members

+1 on the bolded. 

She can interact with them and still fulfill her purpose for existing on the show, which is to provide Devon story. After they use him to introduce her, then she can spin off as a standalone in her own right. The slow introduction due to typical issues black characters face in daytime can work to her benefit in the long run 

Devon, Mariah, and Abby have also engaged in the same silliness. And not that long ago either. 

But I agree, Ana seems more mature than the others in that new quad. Devon, Mariah, and Abby aren't that much older than them either.  They all seem like the same age range to me. 

• Members

Oh no. If anything, fortysomething Victoria/Billy/Nick/Phyllis behave as childishly as Kyle and crew. It’s just a vibe that Ana has. I just can’t see her involved with those kids who really seem like kids to me. I can see her falling for Fen because he’s cute and talented, but ugh I don’t want her in scenes tangling with Summer.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show and other spoilers from scenes from tomorrow's show:

Kyle is trying to find models to model for Jabot after the two he hired couldn't make it from NYC due to bad weather. Ana and Fen will be spending time trying to write a song though Fen will be distracted by all of the message he is getting on his phone. Ana will want him to focus and she will be annoyed by the way he's acting. Kyle will approach them, and ask about the modeling division of Hamilton-Winters and Ana will reveal that Devon stopped it from operating because Lily is no longer around. Kyle and Fen will verbally spar with each other, about Summer, their careers, love lives, etc... Ana will look at them and eventually say "Children" in an effort to get them to stop bickering.

Fen will show Ana that he wrote a bridge for the new song that they wrote, and Ana will tell him she already wrote/showed him that a while ago. She will tell Fen that he cares more about being a "star" than putting in the work to build a successful career. She will get frustrated with him when his phone rings and will get up to leave him at Crimson Lights, saying she will have to do it by herself. Fen will ask her if she's ditching him, she will say she has a lot riding on his career, and will walk away from him. Fen will call after her, and then he will answer his phone. (It's from Lauren.) 

At Jabot, Kyle will realize that Fen is the model that Lauren found. Him and Fen will verbally spar some more and will end up modeling together. Kyle will later run into Summer and ask her about her night with Fen. She will accuse Kyle of being jealous and say he is bored with Lola. She will tell him that she's single and can date who she wants. Kyle will tell her he believes that Fen is acting like they are a couple and that Fen is using her. Summer will say that Fen knows what he's getting with her and she will say where things goes with him.

Phyllis and Nick will be cuddling at Nick's home. Summer will see them and ask if their relationship is serious. She will ask them if they are together because they are on the rebound for each other. They will end up talking about Victor and Summer will ask if they know who killed JT. They will lie and later feel guilty about lying to her. 

Victoria will end up finding Billy in her home. He will want to talk but Victoria will not want to talk with him because he had asked if she's incapable of feeling. Billy will blame Phyllis for blowing things up. They will talk about him telling the truth to Lily and Billy will tell Victoria that Phyllis told him to fight for Victoria and their family. Victoria will not like that he bought Phyllis up and will not want to be pressured. She will end up telling him they are done.

Nikki will be looking after Katie at the ranch. Katie will ask Nikki if she wants to see her imaginary friend. Nikki is busy looking at her phone regarding breaking news about Victor. Nick will end up arriving at the mansion and Nikki will tell him that Katie is playing in Victor's office. Nikki will worry about Victor. She will ultimately promise not to turn herself in. Katie will reappear and Nick will leave. Nikki will end up taking a nap while someone watches her on camera. Later a sound of glass breaks and Nikki will wake up and ask Katie where she is.

Archived