Hart to Hart

dragonflies

• Members

Didn't see a thread for this. If there is one sorry lol

I love this show! Been DVRing it on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel and the cast chemistry is great as is the chemistry between Robert Wagner & Stefanie Powers.

This is one show I would NOT mind a continuation of with RW and SP. Not a reboot with new people lol

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got the season 1 DVD a while ago and working my way through watching the show in order. I love it! It's such trash most of the time, but Wagner and Powers ignite the screen in a way you don't often see. They were EVERYTHING to the show. And their relationship with the butler came a close second. It's just a lot of fun.

You shock me!

• Members

Well, we're never going to completely agree on that... in most cases, yes, but I don't share your blanket hate. LOL

In the case of RW & SP, it's never going to happen. Wagner's 86 and Powers is 73. They can't go running around solving murders and beating off attackers anymore, not on any constant, permanent basis, although they both still look great.

2048x1365

powers1-549706.jpg

However, I think there could be a place for a show with, I don't know, some kind of kid or relation (if they ever had one) and his wife or HUSBAND, with them making smaller appearances and mentoring. But you'd freak out about that! lmao

• Members

Weren't they talking about a same-sex version of the show on NBC last year? A sequel series with RW and SP isn't going to happen with RW in his mid-80s, and besides, I think they more than satisfied the need for that with the dozen or so TV movies they made in the 90s. I think a remake of the series could be a very good thing. The problem isn't that shows get remade, it's that usually the people remaking them don't really have a solid idea of what they want the new series to be. If they could capture the spirit of the original series - that great, intriguing mixture of opulence and action - and update it to fit today's world, then they're golden. I think too many remakes suck all of the life and character out of the original plot in order to make the new show conform to current styles, and that's where they fck up.

Archived