K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

@Cat. Here's my catchup to your last 2 posts

EXO..Lotto has grown on me but I still think its the weaker of the new songs introduced. I much prefer Bring Me Down

Should have promoted this. Even She's Dreaming would have been better

Red Velvet I havent listened to the EP but I saw the MV and like the song. Not sure about that hair though. Most of them look awful

Mino. I heard his song and like it. Much better than Bobby's single

2PM These guys are about to have a comeback. Im shocked bc I thought they were done with most of them about to head off into the army

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Never really listened to much 2PM before because they haven't had a comeback since I started listening to kpop last summer, but I decided to check them out more with Gentlemen's Game coming out (and since I've loved what I've heard from Junho & Jun.K).  I've been obsessed with A.D.T.O.Y the last few weeks as a result.  Hadn't planned on buying the album (just the title track) until I heard the album spoiler and now that I've gotten it on iTunes I freaking LOVE IT.  I think Uneasy is my favorite song on the album.  As a result, I just ordered the physical album to support.

• Members

I LOVE 2PM. They are my third favorite group. These are grown men whereas alot of the others very much keep the boy in boy band. You may also want to check out No.5, their Korean album from last year

This was so good, especially that title track.

Junho and Taecyeon are my favorite and Junho has a very healthy solo career in Japan. He just released his 4th album this summer

Jay Park

Jay put out a new single last week and its an English track. Love the song but not feeling the video as he could have done more

SHINee

ONZF18UWYRk.jpg

ItaScI8myMM.jpg

His hair is silver and looks tragic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

New SHINee!

They got me feeling like Im back in elementary school with this 90s inspired bop

tumblr_oejqrc79iL1v18lojo6_400.gif

Not feeling Minho's blonde hair. I wish he had kept it dark

tumblr_oek5hgqo641sy2cqbo2_400.gif

Onew looks the best in this

tumblr_oej7lcDz2S1r3hdhfo8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_oejcbc2L871vc5dxto3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_oej87aSvNa1uhobvqo2_540.gif
I cant with these basic chicks. There's like 20 girls in the video and not a single one of them can dance. Like WTF are they doing? 

• Members

Haha I'm so glad you got a Shinee comeback! I agree about Minho's hair, it makes him look like a grandpa. I also agree about Onew. Despite his leg injury, this feels like 'his' comeback. Kind of like Baekhyun shone during the Monster comeback for EXO, so Onew has been on top of his game for 1 of 1 promotions.

I love the song, it sounds just like a 90s bop, but IA with you that Shinee are known for their talented dancers (Taemin, Key, Minho) and they were let down by the 50 bored chicks they bussed in who couldn't shake their moneymaker if their life depended on it!

Sad news about Winner's Nam Taehyun. Heard he was struggling with mental issues (sounds like depression) and he has left the dorm to return home for a while and go to therapy. Hence the Winner cb is apparently being shelved for now. :( Hope he gets the help he seeks.

I loved Mino's solo single Body though.

• Members

Minho's hair is starting to grow on me but only when styled certain ways

tumblr_oemkpreSo11rj32yro4_400.gif

tumblr_oen028yB2F1r0vruco1_400.gif

Image result for shinee minho gq

WINNER

Man the hell with YG. They used to be the best but he as a CEO has become the worst in the past year. Must be a bad time for CEOs bc CUBE has gone downhill too.

Beast

They havent rsigned their cntracts with Cube and it expires this month. http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/b2st...re-this-month/
Im conflicted. Cube has gone downhill in the past year so I think they should say F you and leave them but if they do I think that could mean the end of their careers in Korea. They at least got their Japanese label but thats not as good as their Korean promotions

• Members

Eh. I still don't think it is his best look. Mind you, much of Shinee's hair can veer into the tragique.

I know what you mean, I wondered if YG jumped on Taehyun's personal problems as an excuse to pretend that a comeback for Winner was being planned but that he had now scuppered those plans. They have really thrown him under a bus. YG is such an incompetent toad. Winner and other groups should be on music shows and variety shows and hustling and showing off their music and likeability. Instead they are locked in a dungeon. It is so cruel to waste young kids' youth like this when all they want to do is perform and get better as performers. SM overwork their idols, but YG can't be bothered to do anything with their's. 

CUBE is a mess but I hope we hear news about Beast soon. They are CUBE's most profitable act. How did their last comeback go for them? BTW, I saw Hyunseung on that dance show as a guest dancer a few months' ago. Perhaps he will get some opportunities to participate in these shows and show off his dance talent more.

• Members

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/18978333.html#comments#comments

They are still discussing, and Cube wants to renew Hyunseung's contract, too.

But if Beast set up their own Korean label, or get taken under another company's wing, it might not be such a bad thing...?

Wishing the absolute best outcome for them... I like them, too, Cheap.

Image result for BEAST kpop gifs

• Members

I wish them the best too. I fear for their career bc they are kind of "old" so to speak in terms of K-Pop when you got all these new kids popping up and getting all the spotlight. Cube wasnt huge but they were successful bc of Beast. I dont see a bigger company investing in them and Im not really all too familiar with some of the other smaller companies. Their promotion which hasnt been all that great in the past year may likely take a hit without the money to back them.

Oh Minho. They really have him looking tacky out there in this outfit. He looks like he walked off the set of In Living Color

Please register in order to view this content

tumblr_of60cvdwUH1rj32yro7_400.gif tumblr_of60cvdwUH1rj32yro5_400.gif