K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^^^^omg, September 2? That's next week!

I was waiting on your thoughts to it! With Taeyang, GD and Seungri all releasing albums so close to each other, how cool would it have been had they had Lets Talk About Love on all three of them and promoted it as a joint single? That track is so hot and I could easily see it being a BB song. Instead of Seungri doing the first verse, give that to T.O.P, let Daesung do the refrain, Seungri do the chorus and leave the rest as is. In fact, I hope they do a Big Bang remix for their upcoming concert!

I hope GG Be grows on you, bc its really a fun catchy song. That performance though....ugh. As much as I love Seungri, I just find the headbutt disturbing. I wish I understood the lyrics to get better perspective on why that happens but even then, I cant see it being justified. I wish they'd do the whole song, but they always cut it off where that Jenny is supposed to sing.

His recent performance was the best! He goes in for the headbutt and she finally learned her lesson, caught him and slapped him. Good for her!

LMAO! So much word to that.

I think it was time for those duets to retire. They've been singing them since their first tour Beast Airline. It makes room for the newer solo/duets, like I am a Man and Caffeine smile.png

eta:

Seungri

Back to Seungri. He just did an interview with TenAsia: http://bigbangupdates.com/2013/08/seungri-interview-tenasia.html

Here are some of the question/answers

Q. You recently gave your first televised performance [for the album] for which you also gave a Broadway show-like performance for “GOTTA TALK TO U” in a suit and all.
Seungri: I wanted to emphasize the fact that I’ve matured. I wanted to break away from the image of being the youngest member of Big Bang, as well as the image I gave off on variety shows. My song may not seem serious if I’m not serious so I tried to be by holding myself back.

Q. Based on what I heard in song “Love Box,” it seems that the color of your voice has changed. It looks like you practiced singing a lot. Did you receive a lot of lessons?
Seungri: Nobody in Big Bang receives vocal lessons anymore. We’re impossible to teach because we already have very distinctive colors. You could say that too much time has passed for us to take up new styles so it’s entirely up to us to improve. I personally wanted to produce a voice that’s different from when I did “V.V.I.P” so I put a lot of effort into finding my voice through the six songs in the album. For example, I tried singing in a deeper voice by lowering my voice that used to be more delicate.

Q. You worked on “Let’s Talk About Love” with G-Dragon and Taeyang. How was that?
Seungri: They’re set to release albums after me so I ran into them a lot in the recording studio. And I asked them to take part in my album because I thought it would be nice to have their voices in it. G-Dragon wrote some rap for me the day I asked him. And Taeyang paid a lot of attention to the album, making adjustments several times. It was as if they were adding color to the picture I had drawn up.

Q. Which song contains your experience?
Seungri: “GG BE.” I expressed how a guy’s love for his woman is dying out because he is tired of how she lies to him all the time. And the woman in the song is waiting for me to break up with her. You know how some people prefer to get dumped than do the dumping, right? I expressed all this, which could happen to anyone, in a Seungri-like way. She says she’s at a coffee shop but is dancing at a club. And why she always steps out of a black car…

Q. It sounds like you have plenty of experience with love.
Seungri: (Answers seriously) A lot happened.

Q. When did “GG BE” happen?
Seungri: About a year ago.

Q. How do you think she’s doing now?
Seungri: I don’t want to know!

Q. How is your music as a solo artist different from that of Big Bang’s?
Seungri: We all agree with the fundamental idea that we shouldn’t stray far from the music we do as a group. And it won’t suit me anyway if I suddenly do rock or traditional R&B because I grew up as a member of Big Bang, and therefore I’m used to it. I watched and learned about music as a member of Big Bang. Of course it’s important to show my charms as an artist by showing my abilities but that’s what our solo activities are for.

Q. What do you think of the music of other members of Big Bang?
Seungri: G-Dragon’s music is like sushi. It’s sophisticated and has different flavors. His music also changes depending on how much he cooks it. Taeyang’s is like hamburgers. He’ll produces various flavors while staying within the boundaries of them being hamburgers such as a chicken burger and shrimp burger. TOP’s is steak! It’s important what wine you have with it. And Daesung’s is like spicy hangover soup.

Q. How would you define yourself or what you call Seungri-like? How are you different from the rest of Big Bang?
Seungri: I’m the only person of the team that is cheerful, witty, friendly, and sociable (laughs). Everyone else is pretty shy. But I like being cheerful. Isn’t it nice to be able to have fun and laugh while doing interviews? I’d like to do music in the same way – in a witty way. People think of YG artists as rarely appearing on TV but I’d like to make Big Bang fans happy through various mediums.

and that last one right there is why I love him. LMAO at him comparing Daesung to soup. Dont no one want soup!

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

G-DRAGON

Sept 2...basically an early birthday present for me, I can't wait! biggrin.png

tumblr_ms77o4uCeI1ruep8eo1_500.jpg

GD hanging out with Psyrelevant and Missy! Forgot they (gd/missy) were collabbing! :D

SEUNGRI

OMG...he basically through some soup shade at Daesung. I'M DEAD!! sad.pnglaugh.png

His descriptions of the other guys music was really interesting and spot on. He's a really smart guy.

But what? Everyone else in the group is shy except him? Wow!

Aww at someone breaking his heart not too long ago sad.png Now that I know a bit more about GG Be's background, i'll definitely listen to it more and try to empathize with it. I see why Jenny Kim is apart of the song now.

I so agree with TenAsia's comment about his voice improving and how they mentioned "Love Box"! He really does sounds amazing in that. Best song on the album for me next to LTAL

The GG Be performance choreography is pretty hokey LOL but I like it. Glad they got rid of the headbutt

ETA:

tumblr_ms73kwaSVj1sad2oso1_250.gif

Omg lol

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

GD debuted his new song, Niliria featuring Missy at K-Con in LA this weekend and that sh-t is HOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFyfjMOq_NI

Here's a link to download his entire set in HD. He also performed One of a Kind, MichiGO! and Crayon: http://bigbangarchive.tumblr.com/post/59733922614/bbarchive-130829-mnet-m-countdown-kcon-in-la

Less than 3 days.....

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

taeyang-johnlee.jpg

gdfinal-taeyang_002.jpg

gdfinal-taeyang_012.jpg

Never before have I been so happy to see such a sh-tty haircut. Taeyang FINALLY cut his hair and got rid of those god awful doodoo braids he's been rocking for the past year. He went with this mohawk for GD's final show of his tour but it looks like he went and cut it further in that above pic. Hopefully he f-cked his hair up so bad that he cant even be tempted to put them back in if he wanted to. I have no clue what he's going for and how he will look for the promotion of his upcoming album but thankfully it wont be like this:

6N5VLml.jpg?1

tumblr_msev248WUe1ry059go1_500.gif

GD wub.png

tumblr_msfwe5up4x1s5qqm2o1_500.jpg20121207_eyecandy_top-600x595-570x565.jp

LMAO, he stole T.O.P's look

• Members

New GD!

Not a fan of the song. The concept for the video however is pretty good. I sure hope he releases another single soon bc this should have just been a teaser video as it doesn't lend itself well to being a single. Really he should have went with Niliria bc that joint is hot.I see there's a version without Missy so he could have done promotions without her.

gdragon-coup-800x1132.jpg

gdragon-tracklist-800x1132.jpg

Apparently the previous tracklisting was incomplete and there are 13 songs instead of just 9! Sucks though that its being released in parts so Part 1 is within the next few hours and Part 2 is by the end of the week. MichiGo! is on this biggrin.png Im so glad for this bc it was a glaring omission before

That Jennie chick is getting around. I see she is on his album and she was on Seungri's. With that being the case, I bet she'll be on Taeyang's!

WTF?!? I just noticed that the songs featuring Jay Park and T.O.P arent there nor is Taeyang listed on Shake the World sad.png

Taeyang

More pics of his f-cked up hair

taeyang-gd-concert-800x1148.jpg

taeyang-gd-concert_014-800x658.jpg

taeyang-gd-concert_008-800x1226.jpg

:lol: I cant....

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Man the cut is awful but I cant hate on it as its SOOOO much better than what he had before. I love how his swagger with how he's looking like he thinks he's hot sh-t looking like that....LOL

I didnt like the song at first but man Im starting to come around after reading this and understanding it. The song and video is DEEP! Crazy sh-t up in there

http://www.scribd.com/doc/164805066/G-dragon-s-Coup-D-Etat-MV-Symbolisms

• Members

Wow. I am in absolute love with the new song/video! What are you guys talking about? I LOVE the hook & chorus. Cheap are we becoming K-Pop opposites sad.png LOL

I really dig GD's look/style and just everything in regards to this new album campaign. The graphics are really well done and actually creative. The logo? Perfection!

I just biggrin.png at having Missy back, and with him of all people! What an interesting collab. I hope she makes an even bigger comeback in the US. It's about time!

What in the actual [!@#$%^&*] is this sh!t right here?! OMG!!! A dead bird for a hair style. That's a new one. Bring back the doo doo braids

I'm telling you, he just needs to start fresh and shave it all off sad.png This is embarrasing and really just dimmed my excitement for his new album. If that's how he's going to look in his new MV's, etc...wowww sad.png LOL

• Members

Read my last post! Its growing on me. I didn't like MichiGO at first either and its since become one of my favorites. The more I listen to Coup d'état the more I like it. If you haven't read the link I posted, you need to bc it explains all the symbolism in there which makes me love it even more. The video is genius and I now understand why its the first MV (well 1st if you don't count MichiGO). Knowing his history, who he is, where he's come from and where he's going....just wow. Absolute brilliance here.

I don't know what this means in terms of Korean music, but Im guessing the songs listed with Title next to them are the ones that will be the official singles? Ive listened to part 1 and while Niliria is my favorite, Who You is a closs favorite. The girl who sings in R.O.D. sounds like Rihanna!

Don't say that! We finally got rid of those. Im digging this new look. Its so bad its good.

tumblr_msh6q55WRS1qe7j1wo1_500.png

Loves them

tumblr_msgsm882kM1rp30rso1_500.gif

tumblr_msgsm882kM1rp30rso2_r1_500.gif

Awww Taeyang doesn't get a hug

tumblr_msh81dy2Tw1rhas1bo1_500.gif

Shoot Im gonna say it. I wonder if they've f--ked. They'd make such a good couple

tumblr_msft6p6mcH1ro7p51o1_500.gif

tumblr_msft6p6mcH1ro7p51o2_500.gif
LOL...always trying to steal the spotlight
Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh snap I don't know how that post slipped past me....wow.... embarrassing. LOL! Glad It's growing on you just like MichiGo did biggrin.png It's been stuck in my head all day. OMG @ the meaning behind all of it, I would've never guessed. I pay more attention to the beat & the visuals; Those combined with the meaning behind the track are indeed brilliant. Has anything that deep been illustrated by an artist in the U.S. lately? Don't think so. how sad!

Gotta def. listen to the other new songs

Oh, they've totally done it tongue.png

Shot_02_228-2.jpg

Omg have you guys ever seen this pic. Goddamn

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Trailer for his upcoming DVD. Hate that he was rocking tha god awful koolaid red hair for it as he's looked so much better in other versions of the tour

gdragon-bsx2-800x1022.jpg

Love the two-toned hair color

coup-yg2.jpg

I love how YG goes all out when promoting their artists

tumblr_mslrbw7JBG1sp06iro1_500.jpg

This picture wub.png

Love this guy more and more. GD's setting up donations to create a fish farm in Haiti: http://bigbangupdates.com/2013/09/g-dragon-fish-farm-haiti.html

tumblr_mslsbzpBUh1qc6r75o7_500.jpg

T.O.P at the premiere of his new movie. I need to see a subbed version