K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members
Monstar - Series Finale!
tumblr_mr0a3fAOpx1sa7qw2o3_250.png

It finally happeend. took 12 episodes but I felt bad for Seon Woo. You dont go on a date with a guy and then tell him you like someone else at the end of the date. That was so messed up. It looked crushed. They guy may be a douche but he really did seem to genuinely care about her

WNR3tvy.jpg

On a side note, the episode I downloaded had commercials and i was surprised to see black people in one of them…lol

2y4d9Ml.jpg

Scratch what i said. He was being a childish punk and Im glad Seolchan called him out.

tumblr_mr02lveneL1qkruj2o3_500.gif

Haha, I'll miss this guy

tumblr_mr1pgz4UsX1qkruj2o3_500.gif

Dang his mama was nosy. Cant beleive she asked him to keep the door cracked. What a truly powerful and wonderful scene

I was wondering what the deal was with Ji Woong and that kid. I didnt figure he was the brother of the girl that died and Ahjussi has been sending him money out of guilt

vdfor8.gif

While I liked this lady and found her funny, I found it somewhat disturbing that these adults were so concerned about the lives of the teenagers. LMAO at how she got loud and slammed the book not expecting him to walk back in.

When SeYi looked at hi family picture and was pointing out how he looked like his mother, i was like bitch, you know damn well he’s adopted. His mother's story to him later made this scene forgiving afterwards

tumblr_mr1h14Ld9u1rp7lgyo1_500.gif

Odd seeing him so jovial and less like an a-hole.

Ugh, WTF kind of ending was that? I cant believe I invested so much time into this show and they didn't give it proper closure. This might have been alright if there was a season 2 but there wont be so they should have provided more of a resolution. I cant believe after all that SeYi and Seolchan don't end up as an official couple! I mean I guess its implied they will be, but they should have made it official. SeonWoo seems to still be pining for her and he and Nana go nowhere despite seemingly building them up towards that direction. I guess they considered the in depth episodes with the secondary characters to be their closure but for a finale, its odd how they were barely there. Bitch girl and Jae Rock never got their comeuppance and Kyu Dong never got vindication over his bullies. So many things which I expected to happen, didn't and it was disappointing.

tumblr_mr2pfj00oW1qcwihfo1_500.jpg

I mean they couldn't at least get a kiss out of this? I'll have to go looking for an OST now as some of the music was really good

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

tumblr_mp8ixscOh21qenkz9o1_500.gif

tumblr_mp8ixscOh21qenkz9o2_500.gif

tumblr_mp8ixscOh21qenkz9o3_500.gif
OMG, I need to see the video of this
ETA: Seems its from this. Only could find a fancam version

tumblr_mr60jkK9Z41ro7p51o1_500.gif
tumblr_mr60jkK9Z41ro7p51o2_r1_500.gif
LOL

Seungri, seriously WTF?!?!

2NE1
Oh and here's the dance practice to Do You love Me, with the complete song

Im not watching this until after the MV is released bc I want that to be my first view of it all. Thought Id post bc I know you'd be interested in seeing it

B2ST

tumblr_mr5qv8mTzc1s4vz2eo1_500.gif
tumblr_mr5qv8mTzc1s4vz2eo2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mr5qv8mTzc1s4vz2eo3_r1_500.gif

biggrin.png

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

BigBang

Tons of new info!

Info on Seungri's 1st Japanese Solo Album from YGEX:

GD's Japanese album delayed sad.png

G-Dragon's "One of a Kind in Seoul" DVD + CD Release Info

Im so looking forward to all of this! Sucks GD's album is delayed though

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

that must have like just went up bc I looked for it before I made my last post...lol. Interesting concept. Not sure I like it for that song but cool nonetheless. I didn't like the small bits of the song I heard at first but its growing on me. Doesn't hold a candle to I am The Best. I also think I prefer Falling in Love

• Members

Yeah... nbe.jpg I have to say that didn't live up to the hype. Definitely NO I Am The Best. I do appreciate the innovative effort and I adore the song & all the girls individual parts. Minzy wub.png

obsessed with both of these! laugh.png

biggrin.png

Wow...gonna try to watch 2 or 3 eps tonight!

Will so buy that online if possible or pray someone rips & torrents it biggrin.png

• Members

I don't like that they started off with Dara. Usually they save her for later in the song bc her voice isn't as strong as the others. Kind of wish they'd had done that here too.

Cool. Cant wait to see your thoughts. Hope I didn't spoil anything for you. I tried to spoiler tag my posts but then it messed up with the images

BTW, Ive been listening to the soundtrack and in love with this song, First Love. It was posted July 12, so hopefully you've seen all the episodes prior to that date

tumblr_mr7nfa9Cdw1rj0kwxo1_500.png

LOL....love Seolchan

LOL..Ive been looking for the new Alive DVDs. Ive seen some clips posted online but I want to watch the full thing on my HDTV. Still looking!

Cool! Ive seen the second pic, but never the first. That's an interesting shirt and pose. When BB releases their solo album, I really hope he gets more singing parts. Ive noticed he gets the short end of the stick when it comes to the group songs

• Members

MONSTAR EPISODE 7

Who knew Koreans knew about the word "greasy" in that way laugh.png All of a sudden Seolchan & Seon Woo were using it combatively towards each other and I couldn't stop LOL'ing laugh.pnglaugh.png

Kim Nana is my fave. I love the complexity of her character so much. Her journey since the first ep has been remarkable to watch. Can't believe this only happened over 7 episodes, It seems like such a long time to me, obviously since I'm so behind. LOL!

I'M 100% HERE FOR NANA/SEON WOO! SUBTLY ADORABLE, HOT, FIRE! I NEED THEM TO KISS SOON.

I LOVED Color Bar's performance! I would totally have that on repeat! Take that, All For One. Oh, so that snooty bitch girl can sing? rolleyes.gif Wasn't overly impressed.

That fight sequence had to be the most hilarious one I've ever seen in my entire life. Just crazy. And also disturbing; WTF - How were those adults allowed to just bash on the kids in the street like that? Where were the cops? LOL. Well I'm glad we got some insight on what's really going on w/Kim Nana and her family anyway.

I was laughing so hard at them trapping the Vice President in the parking lot like that. Clever! tongue.png

I really, SERIOUSLY could do without all the little gossip girls they have chattering around the school all the time. It's highly annoying and was very glaring in the last auditorium scenes. Can they stop that nbe.jpg

OMG laugh.pnglaugh.png Mine said something like "I slurped up some buttery mayonnaise thinking it would be greasier than you but it wasn't even close" laugh.png

JUST SAW THIS! THANK YOU! Glad It's not just me.

• Members

sad.png You didn't hold back on this one, Cheap laugh.png

laugh.png God, me too. One of the best characters ever.

And coolest name; Like I would change my SON name to that and name my future child that even if he wasn't Korean. LOL

Oh where can I find that? Please tell me the soundtrack includes the song Seyi's dad wrote for her (the name escapes me)? The one that creepy guy was always listening to from the CD. I adore the song/lyrics!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

You know how it goes. Minzy and CL are the best so they are the first voices we tend to hear in most of the songs. Bom has the strongest voice so she tends to carry the tune as she sings the chorus. Dara gets what tiny scraps they can squeeze in.

LOL...people would straight up give you the side eye. I really hope Monstar gets like a reunion movie or something. I want to see more of Seolchan

IA. She's probably my favorite after Seolchan. She rocks in so many ways. She makes Seon Woo likeable! Their material together is very good

Great minds think alike...lol

lol..that sounds funnier than mine

Anyways, I just realized you just finished episode 7, which means 8 is next for you. Let me tell you that it does not dissapoint! Having seen them all, I can say its the best episode of the series. I really look forward to your thoughts

http://k2nblog.com/?s=monster

I got them from there. Its 8 parts and it doesn't even include all the songs from the show which is disappointing. That one you ask for isn't one of them unfortunately.

Seungri

Promo images!

tumblr_mra0bcyXfw1rqereco1_400.jpg

tumblr_mra09leyu51rqereco1_400.jpg

BigBang

tumblr_mr9zs8bhb11sr120lo1_500.gif

LOL at Daesung

tumblr_inline_mr9skrWFP31qz4rgp.png

tumblr_mra7ui202Y1reg7l4o1_500.jpg

Dang, GD's current look looks so freaky, yet I kinda like it

tumblr_mr9pbjvb531s0yiano2_500.png

A shot from the filming of his new MV in London

2NE1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyDLMwr9kw

First live performance of Do You Love Me!

tumblr_mra5uwibFo1stfrvko3_250.gif

LOL...CL's a bitch

B2ST

tumblr_mr9s80DKLr1r52c7fo1_500.jpg

Man I have to say, I love his hair like this for the current promotions he's doing for the album. In related news, I just read that according to his instragram, they are going to release his duet with Dujun "I am a Man" soon. I cant wait bc I loved the live performance and couldn't find the audio anywhere

tumblr_mr8tupXETp1swvgr5o1_500.jpg

ohmy.png That's apparently Yoseob

tumblr_mra7sxiO6H1srytouo1_500.jpg

First and only time I didn't think his red hair looked bad

BTOB

XhhvhQi.png

I really liked that Men in Black song from Monstar I posted above so I decided to look into the real life group, BTOB. Theres actually 7 of them instead of 4 and their signed to Cube as well so I guess Junhung wasn't completely cheating on Beast. They're like B2ST clones. That chart is pretty accurate. That one guy looks and sounds just like Junhyung. And there is one that has the same exact voice as Hyunseung

The song's not bad at all.

That's a little bit more catchy

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

SEUNGRI

I love that you have your avatar decked out for him in anticipation of his new album! biggrin.png I'm just so excited! Thank you for updating me w/all the info wub.png THOSE PROMO IMAGES ARE TO DIE FOR!

Regarding the song with GD - I just read that it's partially written & composed by him and TAEYANG as well. It says they'll both be "featured" so biggrin.png

http://www.ygfamily.com/network/Network_Info.asp?IDX=2763&Page=1&n2PageSize=9&LANGDIV=E

I can't wait to hear what "YOU HOOOO!!!" is like. LOL

971066_575933825796953_1544495552_n.jpg

ETA: Another interesting article

http://www.ygfamily.com/network/Network_Info.asp?IDX=2769&Page=1&n2PageSize=9&LANGDIV=E

I love the blonde look for him in this & the video shoot pic. Looking forward to the video!

I can't w/the guy lulling in the top right

Omg he is so adorable in that pic! Though I think that hairstyle sort of ages him idk why tongue.png

He & Dujun were a great musical match and I can't wait to hear a studio version of their song!

nbe.jpg

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Thanks! I think it might be one of my favorite pic of him. Love the look on his face and the way his hands are tilting his hat.

Ahhh I see. They wrote Taeyang's name in Korean and I clearly cant read that. Cool! What an interesting and different combo.

Didn't even notice that guy before. Idiot! I wouldn't be sleeping if Junhyung was in front of me. He does look adorable indeed.

Speaking of looks, Im also obsessed with Dongwoon's look for the current promotions as well

tumblr_mrifipZ8bv1rjy0kxo1_500.jpgtumblr_mrg85xEHNb1sfrvoqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mre4k4D1ud1qd498go2_500.jpg

Love it!

tumblr_mrh6rzDOfq1qed9kgo1_500.gif

tumblr_mrh6rzDOfq1qed9kgo2_500.gif

tumblr_mrh6rzDOfq1qed9kgo3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mrh6rzDOfq1qed9kgo4_r1_500.gif

This is my favorite part of his verse in the song. He also sings my favorite parts in "Im Sorry"

tumblr_mrdjr7HVv71swvgr5o2_500.jpg

I want one of those

tumblr_mrislpREqq1ryp42oo1_500.jpg

Every time I see this face on that body, something doesn't look right

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

You guys are inspiring me to look further into K-Pop (again) laugh.png

OMG I love these! Such a great idea to do the whole let's talk talk talk talk about you me love thing. If only US pop artists were this creative in promoting.

Edited by YRBB