The CW's next remake...

JackPeyton

• Members

90210? Check.

Melrose Place? Check and fail.

Nikita? Check.

I am sure i am missing a few attempts, but What is next?

Beauty & the Beast!

The CW’s 2012 development slate is looking pretty ugly — and I mean that in the best possible way.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that CBS Television Studios is developing a reboot of the ’80s cult classicBeauty and the Beast for The CW. The original series, which ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990, starred Ron Perlman as the mythic man beast and Linda Hamilton as the object of his affection.

The new version will not only modernize and CW-up the love story but also add a procedural twist. Nice pedigree, too: Without a Trace vet Jennifer Levin and Brothers & Sisters‘ Sherri Cooper will pen the script and serve as executive producers.

I’m told this was the first project new CW president Mark Pedowitz discussed with CBS Studios head David Stapf when he succeeded Dawn Ostroff in the spring. Side note: This B&B is not to be confused with the B&B pilot that ABC is developing for next season. That one is based on the public domain fairy tale about a girl forced to live in a castle with a beast who eventually wins her heart.

Read more at ONTD:http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/?skip=30#ixzz1Y67oQGCM

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I know in Canada it was a fixture on our SciFi station gor years in the 90s... Random fact, George R R Martin, author of the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series was a writer on it--he says his frustation at having to write within budget, and network constraints on it was one reason that got him back into writing novels.

Archived