B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm currently at episode 2247, right at the beginning of the mercury storyline!

Here are my thoughts about the storylines of late 1995/early 1996:

Sheila's storyline: To me, Sheila is the best thing about this time period. Late 1995 (after Anthony's exit) was almost unwatchable to me until she returned - there was virtually no drama and all the storylines led to a dead end (Taylor/Eric, Dylan/Maggie, Sally stealing designs, Rick's tantrums, Taylor's stalker). But things are so much better now that Sheila is a major character again.

Bridget's paternity: This much anticipated reveal has shaken things up and brought a lot of drama. Some of it is quite contrived (like everyone believing Brooke bribed Dr Peters with very little evidence, Brooke conveniently leaving town, Stephanie suddenly encouraging Eric to go for custody of the kids despite him apparently being unable to take care of them in his own home, or Ridge immediately giving up his role as Bridget's father) and seems designed to make Brooke the heroine and Stephanie the villain, but it's interesting to see the whole thing unfold, mainly because of Sheila's involvement.

Jessica/Sly: This whole storyline, like everything involving Jessica, is the weakest link. Jessica just isn't a compelling character, and her plan to "teach Sly a lesson" by pretending to be pregnant after he almost forced himself on her doesn't ring true at all.

Maggie/James: I'm not really feeling this couple. Maggie is like nails on chalkboard to me, and James just isn't fit to be in any kind of romantic role.

The Spectra storyline: The Spectras have been backburnered for a while, but I am looking forward to Clarke's return and the strange storyline that will follow. I still remember those creatively ugly designs quite vividly!

Lauren is a good addition although she doesn't quite have much of a storyline right now.

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

I am watching 1996 and i was bored with the Barbados story. When i first watched these episodes i remember it as quite interesting but now. ...  Dylan's dancing well i am enjoying it allover again

Please register in order to view this content

Jessica trying to give Sly a lesson is not a bad story at all, having in mind the end of it.

The poisoning story i enjoy a lot.

BTW i am up to episode 2325 and the music is there. In which episodes is it missing?

• Members

This is pretty disgusting subjecting the videoland subscribers to this. Also they are probably airing in that way on RTL lounge. It makes me even more sure I need to continue editing the 2001 and 2002 episodes with english audio. Who knows what they will do next. The idea of making the show available is amazing, but the execution is BAD.

1. The absurd bad quality episodes on youtube that makes people STOP watching. It is not realistic to expect people to watch 360p bad quality in 2023 when people have 8k TVs in their livingrooms.

2.The messy SEASON 10 that they uploaded without background music, completely disrespecting the shows history. 

3.Aborting season 10 in the middle without any excuse and more than 2-3 thousand watchers of the season that suddenly didnt have anything more.

4.Writing how they will upload 3-4 episodes a day for a better viewing experience... now only upload ONE classic episode a day. In this speed it will take years and years  to catch up to 2005 when the first other available episodes are there.

I dont want to be just ranting, I am happy that we now have pretty much all the seasons... BUT it would have been so much better if they made the seasons available in the quality they first started uploading - at least a solid 480p. And if they continued to upload AT least 3 episodes. There would have been THOUSANDS more watching every day and more money for THEM.

• Members

YEEEES!

I am really scared this will persist and completely ruin the collection.

I myself CANNOT WATCH without music... it just makes me feel very off. 

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

I for sure know that someone is recording Cala episodes since I saw couple of short clips from future episodes recorded on youtube but the channel got deleted.

If this person reads... we would love if you could upload episodes.

I think Cala is VERY far now. 

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

The Videoland version of the episodes look really weird too. Why do the end credits look so distorted and bobble around like jello? At least the official YouTube channel doesn't have that issue.

Rant away. We feel your pain.

The cold hard truth is that these are all commercial decisions. By restricting uploads, the show generates buzz and anticipation. But also, it allows the likes of Videoland to make a bit of coin and give subscribers exclusive access to the latest uploads well before the rest of us get to see them.

It's all so transparent.

• Members

I wrote to videoland on messenger to ask what is going on with the episodes with no music but I am assuming they got the episodes with no music and cannot reupload them correctly

this is so frustrating. This is defenitely not what I am paying for. Who does the Distribution take us for? For some fools? They can do whatever the hell they want on their YouTube channel but leave videoland alone. 

Edited by Pedro

• Members

Good morning Peter,

Thank you for your message. I will take over from the Chatbot and checked the episodes. 

I will let the relevant department know that the music is missing. They will contact they will check this and will adjust this if possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Kind regards, Simone

This is what they replied to me. Knowing my luck the adjustment won't be possible but I would like to be very wrong here. Episodes without music.. This is simply unthinkable

Edited by Pedro