Linda Evans Puts Beverly Hills (Post Office) Home For Sale

DaytimeFan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you so much Daytimefan... and Sylph, this particular client said she wanted some elements of the yard to look "flowery and old fashioned", and that's about it. Her house was about 750,000$, so it needed something fitting it's price range and lot size (which was about 1 1/2 acres)In LA, her house would be around 2.5 million. Although they are not blooming in the pictures, there are peonies, bearded iris, casa blanca lilies, and bridal wreath spirea in other parts of the yard, so that gave her the "old fashioned" touch. I usually ask them what parts of the yard they want to feature, and what proportion of evergreen to flowering plants they would like. In general, it's a part and part design most times. Otherwise, I just look at the house, and design what I think would look good. I also ask how elaborate they want the landscape, some just want basic foundation plantings, and others, like this client... wanted something pretty elaborate. I'm a big lover of contrast and bright color, hence the use of yellows and reds, and contrast in foliage color is always important, too. But plants and trees with colored foliage (red, gold, silver, or blue) must be used only as accent, because they only have impact in relation to the greens. I made the side of her house (the first two pcitures)the big feature area, because that's the area that she sees and uses most often. She likes a beautiful view as she drives up, and she always walkn in that side door, so I featured the flowers more heavily aorund the side door than in the front. (the front, however, does have another tree and bed on the left end, just out of the picture) She's a wonderful lady, I feel she's the best client I've ever had.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived