MTV: Tony DiSanto Exits!

Sylph

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are right: it was the same show. But I have honestly idea why you gave them a chance in the first place. They're something really distant from you, as I see it. You need genuine, raw emotions, slow pace, heart... There's no such thing in today's world. And thus in TV either. That is to pursue these shows wanting something so extraneous to them is doomed. There were other reasons why they were fun. When they were good.

• Members

I have a history with those from when they weren't so plastic.

It doesn't help that a lot of the big media personalities from The Hills are either Speidi or that Audrina girl. She is nice, but on DWTS (although her plastic surgery fits in there as well), she is so vacant, and has these contrived little scenes where she weeps over how HARD this is for her and what a burden it is and her boyfriend is so upset, and Tony has to hug her as she boo hoos.

It's almost like having any actual personality of your own is not part of the contract of these shows.

• Members

yes, because...

me too! i watched KCav, LC, Heidi, Audrina, Stephanie (Who got AMAZING surgery) all before they did surgery. To be honest i HATED a good chuck of them, yet was addicted.

I loved The Hills, it was this odd hybrid of reality and scripted. You never really KNEW one way or another. The things that went down were relatable, despite the over the top glamorous lifestyle. Who hasnt had a best fiend who dated a douche and caused tension, who hasnt dealt with rumors that got out of control, cheating, work drama, roommate drama, friends competing with eachother, relationships that are hard to end even though you know you should, etc. Sure most people dont deal with this at a hollywood club or on a yacht or in fiji, but still. Real or not, it was the best damn soap opera of the decade, by far. And the best looking show.

Furthermore, the finale of The Hills top any finale to a soap opera I have ever seen, and to most primetime shows for that matter.

Archived