The Early News Battle

Sylph

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? WNN was way more fun in it's early days. I think in the mid 00's, there was this tendency at WNN to focus way more on the "snark" and mugging for the cameras instead of the actual reporting. WNN was so good at balancing that and now it's just one big variety show. Douchebag Hubbard is gone which is a major plus in my book, but there's still way too much snark and commentary after the news stories, something I feel should be used sparingly. Nothing's as bad as Ryan Owens and Taina Hernandez. YouTube them...those bitches were a real piece of work.

• Members

Wow! The news today is often callous and fake but that is blatant even by those standards. And that set is so ugly. They look like they're on the set of that Jefferson Airplane "White Rabbit" video.

She seems like a very dumb version of Thalia Asuras (?), who used to anchor that years ago before going to CBS or CNN.

Thanks for showing me that. I'm glad I haven't watched recently.

I have always had trouble sleeping so back then I would watch for quite a few hours as they repeated the same few stories and then just had some banter. I still remember the story they repeated on Jerry Garcia's death.

• Members

"Thalia Asuras (?)"

The first thing (person) that came to mind when I opened this thread, I remember her from my high school years. I was a terrible procrastinator and would often get up before dawn, make VERY strong cups of coffee, and write papers while she gave the news. And then there was Gordon Elliot and Rchard Bey...

These days, I'm usually going to bed when these broadcasts come on. :ph34r: It's funny, but to this day whenever I look at the clock and it says 4:30, I think, "Well, Susan Lucci's getting up for work right about now..." :P I always thought those super early news broadcasts were unnecessary but after taking some work-related super early flights and trains, I realized just how early a LOT of people are up and functioning. I can hardly believe there was a time where I went to bed before Leno/Letterman, I don't think I saw either show until I was a junior/senior in high school. On Sunday nights I often am up late to catch The Jeffersons on WPIX and sure enough there comes the news like a total buzzkill.

Archived