DAYS: Crazy stuff everyone seems to have forgotten.

• Members

I've been getting back into Days after giving up during the Salem Stalker... but - I was watching some old clips and consulting wikipedia Jesus... is everyone just turning their heads to some things that happened? Phillip lost a leg in the "war zone" (aka Iraq). How is he walking around just fine now?

and what was the final resolution to the Salem Stalker, everyone just happened to be alive and so Marlena didn't kill any of them? How does that make up for the fact that we SAW her kill Doug and Alice and Tony... and that everyone saw ghosts and everything.

Not meaning to drudge up the past as Days has been good lately and everyone's looking forward but I got thinking about it - isn't that like INCREDIBLY SLOPPY even by Soap Standards? What the F were they thinking, and how do people still act like Reilly's got the sun shining out of his ass? I know he's dead and I'm not meaning to bash him but - COME ON. Too much doesn't add up... I'm glad they were able to move past it but like... Reilly's Days an then Hogan's Days - just realizing how crazy - like a totally different show - it used to be to now. I watched it around 2000 for a long time then quit during the SSK and I'm back. Trying to fill in gaps hahaha

I don't know, it doesn't say much for their legacy when they can just let stuff like that happen. In a way, I think it takes away from the show as a whole, even if it is good now, because you shouldn't let people write things for your show that you just simply can't account for.

The bridge between Days now and Days then involves some of the sloppiest soap writing and writers ever. It's just too bad that Hogan's still employed.. and that Reilly got a second chance to run Days into the ground.

Sorry - ranting!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Philip did lose his leg in Iraq but it isn't JER's fault the writers are ignoring this. In hindsight it was probably a mistake because now they can never show Philip in anything but full length trousers-even in bed. Personally, I enjoyed that insanity more than what we have today with EJ, Sami and Nicole. Then we at least had some insane stories. You got me what Sami has been doing for the last two years other than weeping for baby.

• Members

No, when JKJ came back as Philip in 2007 they still wrote it so he had lost his leg. And in the plane crash in 2008 we even saw a scene where he took his prosthetic leg off because it got stuck under something during the crash. It wasn't until Tomlin and Whitesell came on in late 2008 that Philip got his leg back. JKJ said he asked one of the producers (Tomlin) about it while shooting a scene but they told him not to think about it.

• Members

JER's second reign was incredibly amazing until Jack, Marlena, Roman, Victor, Caroline, and Cassie were kidnapped and locked in Tony's castle. But I would take anything from 2005-6 over the crap we get today. This show just isn't Days anymore. It's lost its identity.

• Members

DAYS hasn't lost its identity. If anything they have regained their identity after the mess that was Summer 2004-2007. While it isn't really exciting now at least the show has an idea of where its at and has strong legacy characters like Bo, Hope, Maggie, Stefano, Victor, etc. in lead stories. The show does leave much to be desired (Give Lexie a story damnit!), but it is more stable than it has been in years.

• Members

You're so wrong. The writers don't get these characters. They don't know how to tell stories with these characters. This is not Days of Our Lives, not even close. The show hasn't been good since JER left in 2006...and that's a fact.

• Members

:rolleyes: It is a fact because you say it is?

Do you even watch DAYS on a regular basis to make a statement like that?

Days isn't exactly must see right now, but it has its moments.

And Days sucked in 2006, I loved the SSK story, but after that Reilly's second reign was horrible.

Archived