AMC: Thursday April 15, 2010

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked it. Not much happened but it had some great little character-driven scenes like Brooke & Tad filling each other in on what's going on in their lives.

Adam's announcement that he's handing Chandler Enterprises over to Scott & JR felt redundant but at least the writers addressed that.

Jesse's speech to scare Damon didn't work for me because the background music seemed to imply it was meant to be humorous but Darnell William's just wasn't bringing anything funny, imo.

It's probably just me, but I was annoyed to see Amanda and Randi spending so much time talking about AmandaFan (or whatever the screen name is) instead of working when Erica & Greenlee are both out of town.

I'm still loving JR/Annie and I was thrilled when Adam kissed Brooke at the end!

• Members

I only caught the first half of the show, will watch the rest tonight, but I was genuinely interested in what was going on (watch watching on about a 15 minute dvr delay and even rewound a cuple of times) and I felt the show had an endearing old-school AMC charm to it. Did anyone notice how LONG that Tad and Brooke scene in the park was, without cuts back and forth to to other action? That was wonderful. MEK and JB work very well together and there was subtle ad-libbing and a great conversational tone, the use of pensive, full pauses and what have you.

The Adam stuff is making me sad, and oh, please shut up Colby. I liked this girl for about five minutes, and then... WHA' HAPPEN!? :blink:

How did Annie and Scott leave off? Like, how did they resolve their little thing? I missed that. Cuz Scott was breezin' by her like they had no past at all, they don't even exchange glances. Perhaps they'll heat it back up with Adam out of the picture and J.R. and Scott heading CE.

I'm not saying this to be rude but to hopefully get my tiny litttle internet message board viewer opinion across... yet again, I've noticed how much I've enjoyed an episode and there is no Ryan/Greenlee/Kendall mess to wade through. We needn't put the show on their shoulders, it is unnecessary, unwanted by a great many.

If they had to give Angela an instant brother (who I guess was raised by his mean father and not Pat? :blink: ) why name him Ted... Ted/Tad/Ted Orsini. Or are they really trying to push this Ted/Tad/Damon similarity thing? I don't get it and as I said the other day, they sure are mentioning this guy a lot for them not to bring him on.

• Members

IA. like most soaps, AMC works best as an ensemble. I think they risk alienating people when they overload the show with a few people. Meanwhile, fans would probably show up even if their favs were only on a couple times a week. They don't need to feature the same 3 or 4 people 4 times a week.

I hope so, I like Annie with both of them.

Archived