54 years of ATWT

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Makes me smile, makes me cry, all at the same time. That's the only way to describe it because it's the truth. I smile because I love the show, grew up on it, and I just get so much joy out of being able to, on a rainy day, go through its history and watch the episodes that helped to make it a household name. Even still, I can turn it on maybe half the times it comes on in a month and truly enjoy it now. If I can forget all of the behind the scenes mess, all of the crap that TPTB throw at us, I can sit down and just watch it and love it. I can't really say that about any other soap I watch. I cry because it's so hard to believe that it'll all be over so soon. I miss it already.

Helen Wagner's birthday greeting at the end...that was it for me.

• Members

My heart sank watching this. We've had so long to prepare for the show going off, and as we get closer, it's becoming more and more real to me. It feels like I'll be losing part of my childhood soon, yeah the show hasn't been creatively good in years, but it doesn't matter. It's the emotional attachment to something that once brought joy and entertainment to your life for years thought it all that matters in the end. I'll always cherish the memouries I have with ATWT and the actors I loved for years, and still do, even though many of the veterans haven't been used to their potential in over a decade.

Hard to believe it's really ending soon...

• Members

Agree, this is much harder then watching GL go...maybe cause GL was such a mess at the end, or maybe cause there were not much vets or history or all that continuity in place. ATWT reminds me of being a kid, home supposedly taking a nap, while my mom watched "her show," and yelled at "that damn Lisa!" or the summer I broke my leg and got back into it while I ate lunch, or any of the different jobs and places I lived, ATWT was always on at lunch time. And Fulton, Wagner, Hasting, and Hays voices still make me feel like I just got wrapped in a big warm blanket...There will never be another "thing," like this again.Shame on CBS and P & G for [!@#$%^&*] it all up.

I do have to say, not only does CZP look rocking...but Wagner, Hays, Hastings, Fulton, and Masters all are scarily great looking (and not that much plastic surgery) ! Once the show ends will they finally let out the poor vestal virgins who they have been syphoning off their blood for their youth serums all these years!

Archived