Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 12, 2009

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They explained it by Sharon saying she was healed, and that she wouldn't have been able to cope with everything she's been through recently without therapy. Did we see the therapy - no. Did I need to see it in order to believe she's healthy now? No. She's showing she's healthy by being grounded and rational now.

I was amazed at how I liked Roxanne more than ever with a few clever lines:

Roxanne: Didn't you get my message?

Devon: I never heard anything from you.

Roxanne: Exactly.

• Members

Wasn't Sharon supposed to be healed earlier this year after therapy, only to start stealing or having problems again and being committed?

If she's had this problem since she was a teenager, as Doris claimed, and therapy hasn't worked for her before, I'm surprised it works now.

I guess she will be looting the nearby Pottery Barn by Christmas.

• Members

Yup. This was the most I liked Roxanne. I hope we see more of this woman with strength.

Folks are complaining about Sharon and Ashley's "insta-healing" (Ash isn't healed...she is as deluded as ever...doesn't notice she's not lactating)...but this is part of the intentional tonal shift, and I welcome it. I also like a strong Ash going after the ranch.

I very much enjoyed the Adam/Sharon scenes. It was a nice mix, they were interesting together, and I totally buy that Adam means to be a better man. I wonder how he'll use the Commercial Bribery reveal.

Are JT and Victoria leaving on maternity leave so soon? Is Heinle really due that soon, or is this another cost-saving maneuvre? And why is Luckinbill leaving with her?

• Members

They're doing magic with Ashley right now - she's been through so much torture this past year. By making her a total bitch, and giving ED material that she really excels at - I'm watching her now more than ever. This baby-switch has so many repercussions for the whole family that make it worthwhile. They're planting bombshells all around.

The tonal shift and contrasts between Sharon and Ashley is something that only you and I would remark on, but these two women were changed in extremely different ways at that hospital and throughout the year. And their paths are going to be veddy veddy interesting, for me at least.

• Members

They're doing a slow-down with Patty. Regardless of the execution, the story was set up as Victor and Jack each using a fragile woman (Patty/Colleen) as a weapon to get revenge on their respective enemy. The result was that each plan backfired horribly for the other. Colleen lost her life, and Patty lost her freedom and 100% of her sanity.

Here's what i think they'll do with Patty: Since she's had a complete pyschological breakdown, the good doctor will come in and act as her therapist to help Patty regain her life. The Dr. will probably enlist Jack and Paul as they're her only link to who she is. The Dr. will probably get involved with Jack, Paul or both! Patty will make progress, but after seeing the doc get involved with one or both men suffer a relapse and either kill the Dr. or trap her and take her identity. Perhaps even switch places so everyone thinks the doctor is Patty and the Dr. is trapped in the sanitarium, drugged and helpless.

This is where I see the s/l going - cause while I want and hope for Patty to eventually get the help she needs, she's too interesting to see completely reformed and boring.

• Members

They're setting it up to be a story with face-cream type legs...I pray it won't last that long before everything about Adam comes out. Perhaps with Muhney's lackluster performance they'll wise up and the jig will be up by Feb/March sweeps.

Archived