Sylph

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does he even know what the rumors are? That sounds like saving face to me.

He didn't even bother addressing which figures were right because he doesn't even know. There were even reports out saying that James Cameron was still doing expensive audio post production into mid-November, before Thanksgiving.

It's okay to say you spent money on a film(no matter how gasp-worthy the dollar amount was), but it seems like they are majorly downplaying the numbers in the event that it becomes a financial flop.

• Members

But the difference between My Heart Will Go On vs. I See You is that MHWGO earned their big, screeching finale by starting off slow and THEN going for the big, well deserved sharp cheddar ending. ISY is so oversung and so overproduced that when they go for the drums and horns, it's doesn't set itself apart from the rest of the song.

I agree it's a ripoff, but the least they could have done was build up to Leona screaming.

But hey, I'll admit. I like the song. :ph34r:

• Members

I am in equal part in love with it and detest it. Leona Lewis overdoes it, and overdoes it — badly! Just horrible.

The reason why I love it is the arrangement, the twinkly percussion, the processed vocals in the beginning, the orchestral backing… But some melodic lines make no sense! It's as if they did it only to avoid being called out on using simplistic, overdone melodic movements and trite harmonies.

• Members

If you expect a nice little story, forget it. This will be something like that guy Emmerich does, only whereas Emmerich's is D-list sh!t, this is A-list. The only thing worth seeing will be those much-talked-about effects and how that never-before-seen 3D works.

Archived