Y&R: Why is Sharon...

• Members

...stealing items from various households? I gather that they have special meaning to her, but still, it's bizarre. Not sure if this is even a spoiler, but I figured I would play it safe. If this has been discussed prior, sorry, I missed it. I'm only up to Thursday's show of last week, so if this has already been revealed on air, moderators please discard. Thanks! (i've certainly covered myself, eh? lol)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is discussed in the Y&R discussion thread. Someone stated that spontaneous thieving sometimes occurs when a person who has lost control over their life, steals as a way to feel control over something. Makes as much sense as anything.

She's also not stealing anything of meaning to her unless she's got a thing for paper weights.

• Members

What the person steals does not matter. The things do not have to meaning to them. It is how stealing makes the person who feels out of control of their life feel and that is control of something in their life. People who are falling into a depression sometimes start stealing. Other symptoms are sleeping a lot and/or using alcohol to self-medicate so as to avoid dealing with their feelings. There are other symptoms that I can't remember right now. I'm not sure if they are trying to portray Sharon falling into a depression, but stealing strongly indicates that she is.

Archived