B&B: Daytimes Biggest Clusterf*ck?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, we're totally on the same page. B&B is 'the same'...some people don't like the rehashed storylines...but I find them comforting. Ridge, Brooke, Eric and Stephanie are still there...so are Thorne, Taylor and Felicia. Jackie is a diva, which the show has always had...Nick is a tool...which the show has always had. Katie, Donna, Rick and Stephie aren't offensive to me.

What can I say...I've never expected B&B to be as solid as Y&R...it's fun and light.

• Members

I've had this conversation before with a friend. We both agreed you can be fun and light and still be credible. The problem is, B&B treats itself like a joke on purpose. It wasn't always this way, but over the past 5-7 years, they've been going down this road. No one can tell me this show doesn't go out of its way to purposely land itself a segment on The Soup.

Look at what Santa Barbara was at its peak. That show had a sense of humour, often didn't take itself too seriously, yet it was intelligent and never treated its audience as idiots, not to mention it was a critics darling. I don't see why B&B can't be half as good or try to be.

• Members

Gosh, how I sincerely love your posts.

The way you drizzle out these nuggets. "Lee Bell Summit"? If true, that is a whole other level...Lee convenes the family and asserts control? Could it be true? What a cool image...let's hope she has an effect.

• Members

B&B really does seem like a telenovela, or at least Port Charles when they did their lil' arc stories. When B&B starts a completely new storyline (not just a Brooke/Ridge/Taylor rehash), they go at it full-steam ahead! The storyline suddenly becomes THE storyline of the show for a solid 3-4 weeks, depending on how massive the story arc is. Sometimes it's a month of bliss (Thorne vs. his family), other times (Bridget/Nick/Katie) it's pure hell. Which goes back to the whole pacing of this show and the pushing of characters and couples to make us try to feel something we don't actually feel for. It's definitely a rollercoaster ride of storyline highs and lows, of extreme frontburner and sudden backburner.

I think their worst/weakest is when they forcefeed brand-new characters in a brand-new coupling. It just screams ''Like them! Care about what happens to them! Please!?!'' And a few weeks later, it's back to Brooke and her latest true love.

Archived