AMC: Monday, August 4, 2008

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NEWSFLASH!

Do they know how? Especially Tad. JR developed a drug habit under his care... Jamie slept with hookers in his bed and then proceeded kidnap babies with a trailer trash tramp... I think Tad needs to just go away, period.

No. That's what happens when TIIC bake their cake and eat the whole damn thing too! They want to give their favorites (actors or characters) all of these frontburner stories -- but in order for there to be any conflict, they have to pull stunts and shows and then play victim. Like it was with Babe. Frons and Megan had an enormous hard on for Babe and Alexa and wanted to give her all of this material, but the downside for the actress and character was that she basically had to set all of the crap that happened to her in motion. I mean, they wanted to have Josh and Babe sleep together. Fine. But they used the flimsiest excuse for Babe to cheat on JR with Josh, and then have her play victim. Same with Ryan. They wanted to give him something gritty and meaty to play so they turned him into a wife beating monster -- once that was done, he was hailed a hero?!?

The writers and executives aren't even trying anymore. As Genie Francis once said she was told by a higher up when she asked a question about a nonsensical story point, they think the audience is "too busy ironing" to notice.

• Members

I don't even think the characters have to be likable. They just have to be honest. Babe would have been much more interesting as a strumpet . Instead she was but we were "trained" to view her as a heroine. Frankly, I don't think new writers will help because there really aren't any interesting multi-faceted characters on AMC period. it's like, a nonsoap.

Archived