Little Soap Details You Miss...

• Members

ditto on the background music-- Days, GH, and OLTL put synthesizers to great effect in the 80s! Remember that twisty music playing in the scene where Tracey argued with Edward & then withheld his heart meds? the haunting piano/synth music when Heather Weber was faking insanity & planning to break out of the sanitarium? the urgent, synth/drum music when Maria Roberts was trying to get to Viki's hosptial room and suffocate her? Days had some great BG music in the late 80s too but none I associate with specific scenes. I gotta check out youtube to listen for those

I also miss the sweeping scores during the end credits that another poster mentioned.. I used to love when GH played the long version of the jack urbont theme at the end of the show. And I agree too that it was brilliant of Dave Koz to incorporate the a bit of the Urbont theme into the first few notes of "Faces of the Heart"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Beauty shots." That's an interesting name for them. You know, I think they did something for us psychologically as an audience to help us bond with them even though nothing was really happening. Don't'cha think?

How the heck do you guys get these shows off your DVR onto a DVD?

• Members

I do think that's true exactly! It gives the characters a little more of a "real life" and that feeling that things happen even when we don't watch

I don't have a DVR still :( A very kind person DVD-Red for me the I Love Lucci marathon (I don't and can't, in Canada, get SoapNet) and I used my brother's DVD-R system to transfer my old tapes of Daytime to Remember. So I dunno how you do them lol

Archived