Days: Week of June 2

• Members

You're entitled, but right now, things are so disjointed, it's crazy. I haven't touched Friday's recording yet, and have already re-recorded OLTL. This Mad Max crazy mad man came out of nowhere. The Ejamucas stuff is OLD,, older than my daughter's dirty laundry. The Dan/Lexie stuff came out of left field, too. I would like nothing more than to get Dan out of Chelsea's orbit, but darn! Do it the right way!

The only thing I find enjoyable is EJ and Nicole, and I know where that'll end up (since I like it...it won't last). I love Philip dearly, but his "friends with benefits" appendage drives me nuts. We're being teased with possibilities for Phorgan, and that'll fall flat. And, it just seems to be that they're throwing Lucas and Chloe together simply because she's the only unattached female of the right age available right now, since Nicole was already married to Lucas and since Nicole and EJ are actually getting some good attention. Now, on OLTL, they would be delving more into Nicole's insecurities and how this culminates into her alcohol problems and schemes. I truly think the shades we were getting from that, again, come from the actress herself and the directing.

Jawn and Ava are highly intriguing. I don't give Dena much credit to do it correctly thought, specially since

I really agree that things are disjointed, unresolved, and things like GOING GREEN, which should be a subtle background secondary thing, was so in my face and unrealistic for the average Joe. It's a sad commentary when MBE and SN have to fill in the blanks with angst about the whole Steve/Ava thing because the writers won't. And, it's totally unrealistic to not allow parents of a premie into the neonatal ICU, especially when one parent is a doctor. It seems the writers ATTEMPT to be realistic about things, but don't follow through the whole way. Granted, at least they're trying to use real diseases, but.....

But, I guess after watching OLTL, which is like fine champagne, watching Days is like drinking fermented vinegar. I don't give up on it because it's a sentimental thing. I gave up on it for 20 years once, simply because, started watching a couple of years ago, and through all of it,just kinda hung in there. I can hope things get better, but if my DVR erases a show before I see it, I won't cry.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived