Soaps By Remote's Assessment of OLTL's Current State

• Members

Since there's been so much praise (rightfully so) of OLTL lately, I found a review of OLTL's current state from Soaps By Remote and found it to be fairly objective. It's definitely not something you'd expect Nelson Branco to come up with....

This person heard about the hype the show was receiving and decided to give it a 10 day trial, and his verdict is in! I think it's particularly nice to see someone's response to a show that he/she is not too familiar with, but tunes in because there's good buzz surrounding it.

http://soapsbyremote.typepad.com/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL has it all over every other soap on air in terms of vets.

Not seeing Nora and Clint for a little less than a week and a half after months of heavy story doesn't scare me anymore. And I say that as a HUGE HBS fan. Nor is it indicative of a lack of balance. There were extenuating circumstances with Viki and Charlie too, IMHO, specifically that they were so frontburner for about five or six months (like Marcie) and then had to chill during the strike (like Marcie). On the burner, off the burner, etc.

• Members

ITA. I understand why to a new viewer it may seem like some characters are getting favorable treatment over others, but it's only because they're following the idea of putting characters on, taking them off, putting them, etc. Clint and Nora were getting some heavy screen time just a month or two ago, so them not appearing very often now isn't something to worry about. Of course, the ideal situation would have Nora responding to this Cole thing, and by not having her do that, they're almost sorta putting her in a storyline bubble, but I have no doubt that she'll get involved soon.

Archived