AMC: More Info on Jakes/Dixie's Return

• Members

What's Wrong With Jake?

Goldin debuts in his new role on Wednesday, April 30, and a setsider whispers that some of his first scenes are in Africa. But even though the character last left Pine Valley with fiancee Carolyn, a show rep says she will not be part of his present storyline. Aside from that, AMC is staying tight-lipped about the return of Tad's brother. Executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers mentions that Jake and Greenlee will share some screen time once Goldin is established on screen. "We'll certainly cross them, absolutely. We will play the history on the show and, you know, all the different things that happened to him." "Jake's a changed man." As for the man behind the changed man, the EP is thrilled. "I've always respected him as an actor," she says of Goldin. "I think we have a really good thing going into this and a good partnership, which is always very important to me."

Why Cady Had To Return!

Reprint of Cady's blog entry. Then: In Depth hears that while McClain's stint is short, AMC is attempting to work out a deal that would bring her back on a more regular basis-much like Alan's ghostly character on GH. However, Julie Hannan Carruthers denies that the show and McClain are negotiating for a longer stay. "Its not our plan, but there's always opportunity." This immediate story, by design, has a beginning, middle, and end. But I certainly would never rule that out."

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/amc/main/104762

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for clarifying that, Angie. I didn't think you disliked her because of Zendall (although she did come between them).

It is like when GH fans would accuse people of hating Sam because of Carly...Carly got nothing to do with it. Sam makes it easy to hate her ;)

• Members

Soap writers have to [!@#$%^&*] or get off the pot. You can't kill a character AND keep them around. We dont want to see Alan and Emily Quartermaine or Cassie Newman or John Abbott or Dixie or a million others as ghosts cause that's a cheap way NOT to stick to what you've already written. If they die, they're gone. Sorry, you missed the bus, and you're a moron, but - write for the characters who are alive and hope that good talent gets picked up elsewhere.

Not against a well-written back from the dead (OCCASIONALLY, especially when it makes sense ie when we didnt see the person die) but this is getting ridiculous

Archived