AMC: Jenny/Kim Delaney Trivia Questions

• Members

In honor of the clips of Jenny/Kim Delaney being aired on AMC lately, here's some trivia questions about her and her character (I'll post the answers later if no one gets them).

1. When Jenny died, her character had two montages, one with Jesse remembering her, and one with Greg remembering her. Both were set to popular songs. What were the songs?

2. ABC did not initially intend to kill Jenny off. What made them decide to do it rather than recast the role?

3. Kim Delaney was cast in a John Hughes film after leaving AMC, but at the last minute, the movie studio opted to replace her with a better-known actress. What was the movie, and who was the actress who replaced her in the role?

4. Kim Delaney had the highest Q rating of any other daytime actress back in 1982-1983. What 4 actresses (two from DAYS, one from AMC, one from GH) rounded out the top 5?

5. How old was Jenny when she died?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ANSWERS:

1. The montage with Jesse remembering her was set to The Alan Parson's Project's "Time," and Greg's was set to Willie Nelson's "I'll Be Loving You, Always."

2. Kim didn't tell them she was leaving until just weeks before she did. Still, they planned to recast the role until Marcy Walker also informed them she was leaving to join a new soap, "Santa Barbara." Since Nina had just been recast, they decided 3 recasts of major characters in such a short time would be difficult for viewers, so the decision was made to kill Jenny since a proper exit story could not be written in such a short time frame.

3. Martha Coolidge (the director of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Clueless) was set to direct the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful", and shooting was about to start, with Kim Delaney cast as Amanda Jones, and Kyle McLachlan as her rich boyfriend. At the last minute, John Hughes replaced Coolidge with Howard Deutch (as part of a "make-good" deal, since he had directed Hughes' "Pretty in Pink," which had just become a hit). Deutch promptly fired Delaney and McLachlan, and replaced them with Lea Thompson (who he later married....hmmmm) and Craig Sheffer.

4. Deidre Hall (2), Genie Francis (3), Susan Lucci (4), and Kristian Alfonso (5).

5. 19, although Delaney was in her early 20's at the time.

• Members

Thanks - very interesting especially why they didn't recast Jenny. I was very upset when she died. The Nina and Liza recasts were awful. I believe that after Jenny died, they did a look-alike story with a character named Sheila so maybe they were looking at recasts. The Sheila character fizzled pretty fast from what I remember.

• Members

I meant to include that one, lol. It's Charles Flohe, who played Preacher Emerson on Edge of Night...and then he changed his last name to something else and was on AW for awhile. Interesting that IMDB doesn't include that in her list of marriages, but it happened.

• Members

Okay let's see here. I was not watching at the time but I can guess

1. Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross and My Guy by Mary Wells?

2. Kim Delaney wanted out and they decided that killing her off would make for great story.

3. No clue and the actress I will guess Elisabeth Shue

4. Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Genie Francis, and Marcy Walker

5. 22

Archived