The Beleagured 3 O'Clock Hour

• Members

So - from 3-4 are you on CBS or ABC? I was flipping back and forth today... let me say I'm a GL fan by nature, and I do like the new production technique... but there's otherwise no production value. The actors are great but the content is garbage... so, I took a peek at GH. Stayed there for about three seconds and then turned back to GL.

I think it's really just choosing the less of two craps.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL's new production model is growing on me. I'm encouraged by Barbara Bloom's quotes in this week's TV Guide about how they broke some rules that didn't need to be broken. I've noticed alot less shaky camera, which is the part I hated the most. I see some of GH on Soapnet and I'll take GL over GH.

• Members

Once upon a time, it was GL, GH and Santa Barbara all facing off at 3pm. When I was a middle-schooler, we used to RUSH home to catch the last half-hour of one soap -- or even two (I used to swich to GH during SB's commercial break).

If I had to make a choice, I'd go for GH. But that's more loyalty/habit. I don't really know what's going on with GL. Whenever I've switched over, it strikes me as strangely passionless. As if all the drama had been sucked out to make room for the production changes, if that makes any sense.

• Members

I gave up on GH when they killed off Georgie. It's now GL for me each day. Some days it might be just noise while I do other things, but other than the real close-up shots (too close to be comfortable for some of these actors, I'm sure), I don't mind the new cameras.

• Members

It depends. The first soap I started watching was GL but I gave it up when Santa Barbara premiered back in 1984. I have watched GL sporadically through the years and have been watching pretty cosistently since the new production model started. GH on the other hand has had some of the finest moments in daytime history. I didn't really start watching GH until 1995 and I have watched that on and off since then as well. If I had to choose today based on what is currently going on I would choose GL. Sorry for the long story guys LOL.

• Members

GL shows at a different time here but I would choose GL over GH anyday and I was a loyal GH fan for many years but I too tuned out in November when Emily was killed off and I found out they were killing off Georgie too. I loved both characters and I knew GH would do nothing in terms of impact to the canvas with these deaths(How about Jason leaving the mob because it was his fault his sister was murdered or Mac finally getting to solve his stepdaughters murder for a change and redeeming the PCPD). Anyway off on a tangent.

GL has been growing on me and so is the format. I am actually starting to like the new format and I appreciated Barbara Blooms honesty in the TV Guide article admitting they made some mistakes. Gee when do you hear an exec say that these days.

• Members

Where I live here on the East Coast GL is shown at 10:00AM and GH at 3:00PM against Dr. Phil.

I've watch GL for more years than I care to remember but have decided to stop watching it for a while ( now the first time I've done this). I just can't stomach the new filming format.

I watch GH but the world doesn't stop if I miss a day. All mob all the time is not only bloody but also boring. I know this is going to be un-popular but I like Jason, Edward and the rest of the Q's and try to watch when ever they are on.

Archived