ATWT: Steve and Betsy's Wedding

• Members
I still can't believe how under rated their wedding is :angry: . I remember it recieving the same coverage as Luke and Laura wedding (That's how Big it was) and T.V. Guide even having a countdown to the date which was May 30 1984. The episode drew in 20 MILLION Viewers with ATWT reclaiming the #1 spot from GH and since, no soap wedding has drew them big numbers or even close. What's so funny, many soaps fans now don't even know about them because the soap media has forgotten themselves.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Maybe they're not talked about that much because the characters aren't on anymore? Also, when was the last time they were on?

Luke is still on GH, and Laura was on thoughout the 90's/early 2000's and she came back for a while last year. Also, Tony and Genie are still winning awards. They're still relevant while Steve/Betsy aren't.

• Members

I don't see how awards or a current status on the ATWT canvas relates to the couple's relevance, especially since Kendall is referring to their wedding and not the relationship built around it. As far as being an event in soap history, it was pretty huge. Marlena just celebrated couples who either haven't been around in years, or have no show to return to. Judging by the response, fans haven't forgotten them either.

Archived