All: Would A Promo Like This Work In America...

• Members

i was wondering if the american soaps were to try this do you think it would pull anyone back in> Its been done here before, The-N does this kind of thing all the time, The WB did it a lot, esp in the first 7 years, im sure there are others.

I love it. I think that ABC Daytime could pull it off. obviously not this long, or they could just break them all up. I think if it was done like this it might help the soaps out a bit. Its all pretty mch backlot filming with the actors. Soapnet does it, but theres are kinda lame TBH.

here it is...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That's a great promo...obviously it's not American. The problem with American broadcasters is that it's all about selling, be it a product or a storyline and the selling is done very obviously, there isn't any style: it's a hard sell that turns some viewers off.

Of course, British soaps are in the business of selling as well but it is done with a sense of style and community. The US soaps only wish they could promote like this.

Archived