DAYS/ Benjy = Lassie?

• Members

Seriously, why don't they just subtitle Benjy? I'm watching right now and it's ridiculous the way they have the other characters repeat what Benjy just "said" so we will know. *sign sign sign* "Oh, so you got laid this morning?" *sign sign sign* "OHHH you got PAID this morning." *sign sign sign* "hahahahaha, i agree, it was funny when ashlee simpson was caught lip-synching."

Just subtitle him.

It comes off as lame. Meanwhile Hogan's writing Bo the way he wrote [!@#$%^&*] Jack on ATWT. Both men were rough-around-the-edges-renegades and now are just assholes.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They always did that, when Kayla was deaf, when they had Benji as a child...didn't bother me, because they were also doing it for other characters' sakes who wouldn't know sign language. I think it would look more ridiculous if they didn't translate and everybody reacted like they knew sign language. Of course, today's Benji is more limited in interacting with just the people closest to him, who would naturally understand sign language so maybe it's done just for the viewers' sake. But it still works fine for me, even people who can hear often repeat what the other person's saying to some extent during a conversation.

Archived