P&G Blog Diversity Topic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A really good topic of conversation has been raised in that blog. I look forward to what kind of debate it brings. I think it seems like an interesting story, even without the gay angle, if Noah was a girl who had an controlling, domineering father and Luke was her hetero love interest, would people be more involved?

I think it seems like a pretty interesting story. Luke and Noah have an interesting chemistry, but I'm not sure if the actor that plays Noah is strong enough to carry the story. Only time will tell.

Slightly off topic, but the picture of Tom, Margo, Doc, Ben and Jessica shows a core cast of characters all into their forties, a mixture of black and white as well. And that was what? Like three, four years ago? If we were to get a similar photo for ATWT's current crop, it would be Brad, Katie, Carly and Jack...what does that tell you?

• Members

Well, it's probably the most thoughtful piece Alina's written. One recent topic was entitled "Can you hear me now?" discussing Kassie DePaiva's son going on AMC, and I shuddered at the tacky title.

I'm not a fan of the Luke/Noah story, in part because I'm not enamored of Van Hansis at all. I'll agree they've taken Luke's story slowly, but Noah's attraction to him seems to have come out of thin air. I do like Jake, and I think he's got major chemistry with Alex Chando. I guess it's Alex's fault for not being a guy. :D

And on a side note...I floved Ben! He'd be one of the top five characters I'd immediately want back.

• Members

I loved Ben too. Despite Peter Parros' hunkazoid physique, Ben was the character in his age group with the strongest moral compass. His rivalry with John Dixon was great. How stupid that they let him go without even considering a romance with one of their white characters.

• Members

Ok people didn't like Doc & Margo, Remy & Lizzie, or Rick & Mel. My thing is what they are saying. Are they saying racist things why they don't like these couples. when I call the coment lines or write a letter. I will say I don't like this couple because I don't see the chemistry or I don't see where you can go with their storyline. Or they are boring together. I'm open to interracial couples with chemistry. Especially if I see the storyline potential.

When I read that so and so is going to have scenes with a black character. First thing I'll do is watch that day to see if they have chemistry then in my head I figure out what storyline they can do for them.

Another thing because they don't likie interracial dating & gay storylines why can't these people switch channels or fastforward. Because what these people don't like others do. Why should people who like these things can't watch what they want because other people don't like it. & these writers cater to people who are closed minded to the possibilities of a successful gay or interracial couples or storylines. Maybe these people who didn't like it at first would change their minds.

do anybody know the comment line number for ATWT & GL?

Archived