GL: Week of July 23rd

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um...what is going on today?? I just turned the TV on and I'm confused!!!! Did Ellen not pay attention to what happened with AMC and their fans when they tried a new camera/film? Please stop Ellen.

• Members

No seriously??? This is the EMMY AWARD WINNING GUIDING LIGHT!!?? Filmed in a bathroom!! For God's sake!!!! What did Reva leave some of her cancer-crack lying around and everyone smoked it!!

And this is from the EMMY AWARD WINNING WRITING TEAM, this is the dumbest SH!T I have ever seen in my entire life...really...the only good part was seeing Cyrus shirtless.

Someone should remind Miss Lizzie that she is a Spaulding heiress, you don't screw on public bathroom floors! They think this crap is entertainment, they think this crap is what we want to see, well not this fan! Please tell me that Robert Newman and Kim Zimmer (who at this point should be considered Guiding Light royality, I do consider them that) was not included in this episode.

And I know some peopel will say, "You just don't like anything, blah, blah, blah" hardly!!! I have sat through that dumbass 15,000 episode which was a waste, boring! You only get one and they wasted it!! I sat through Harley "THE GUIDING LIGHT" Cooper superhero!! ENOUGH with you "stand alone episodes" do these writers and Wheeler and CBS really think that an Emmy gives them full control and think they can do whatever they want.

I didn't see the first half of this episode, but I seen the last and it is a joke! This is why daytime is treated like a red-headed stepchild, because they act like it!!!

I'm sick!!

• Members

So apparently a drug made everyone have amensia!!

Bad writing, isn't Beth a Bauer now? Bad writing, remember what you wrote like two weeks ago please, thank you!!

Remy just "Oh [!@#$%^&*]!" and they got bleep out for like five seconds!!!

Again, what the hell is going on in Springfield? Oh and never mind there's Father Josh having his girlfirend almost riding him!

• Members

I just don't get it. If they just wanted to "shake things up", why didn't they pull out the BlackOut episodes from the early '90's and use that as a template?

LOL...I wouldn't be surprised if GL nom's this for writing or best show. "Special" eppys seem to be a hit with blue-ribbon panels. I guess it makes them forget they're watching a soap opera. I forgot I was while watching this. It was like watching a bad cult film, where you don't know if you're supposed to be "in" on the "jokes" or not.

And Remy can't act hot, even when he doesn't know who he is. LOL...ick. A nasty-assed bathroom floor? I guess the stall was too classy?

• Members

It didn't turn out bad as I thought....but don't do a episode written this way again Guidng Light. Heed my words GL, don't ever do it again...some fans are still weary of clones, psychics, and time travel. None of that amnesia gas stuff please. What next a weather machine? (The idea of this whole gas thing made me think back to GH in the 80s.)

The direction of today's episode was way better than the one we saw during the Holiday Inn episode...you know when Reva kdinapped Lizzie...now that awful all around! Anyways I wouldn't mind if the show went on location alot more, just direct it better and I'm a happy camper. Anything to not to see that Main Street set or the hall(s) of the Beacon again.

It was fun seeing everyone so out of character, but damn, the whole gas thing was lame.

I got pleasure out of seieng Alan treat Beth like his daughter instead of the love of his life. DK should know damn well that is how it's supposed to be.

Remy and Lizzie are hot,, but I hate the writing for Remy. He gets pissed off way too many times, way too easily. Reminds me of Rafe and Jonathan.

Having Coop do the voice over was a nice touch, gave a nice feel to the episode.

• Members

Yeah I am suprised my some negative stuff over todays show. This eppy reminded me of Spotless Mind with Carey and Winslet. The only difference was the gas made them have case of amnesia (might of been silly) but the scenes with Ava/Cyrus were hysterical (Ava did not annoy me today) and Murray Bartlett is hot, hot, hot! More shirtless scenes please!

I loved Coop and Beth on swing LOL and Alan thinking she was his daughter.

The voice over was perfection.

I really loved todays show and the past few Wednesday shows have been horrible IMO.

Archived