Jerry Springer Circa 1993 (Runaway Teens)

R!ck

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, the talk shows of the 90's! How I miss "Sally Jesse Rapael" and "Ricki Lake." Those 90's talk shows rocked!

I've even begin to forget what their opening songs sounded like. That should be a new thread! LoL "Classic Talk Show Openings!" Lord knows they've each had dozens of versions over the years -- 'specially Oprah. Remember when she sang her own themesong? Disaster! Hah.

• Members

Oh I loved the talk shows of the 90s! Ricki Lake was my favorite. They seriously need to make a channel just devoted to talk shows. I mean they have one for everything else.

Anyone else like Jenny Jones? Her show was so cheap and had a ghetto feel to it compared to the others but thats what made it good...lol. She was the poor man's Ricki Lake

• Members

I LOVED, ADORED Sally! I even sent in a letter and wrote her a poem. Seriously. Yes, I know I'm pathetic.

Jenny Jones was one of my faves. Anyone remember Rude Jude? He'd go in and comment on the "Y'all know I'm sexxxxxxxxxxxxy!" shows.

Anyone remember the short lived Gayle King show?!?!?! :lol: The only topic I remember was how to spend less money at the grocery store.

• Members

My God...the 90s talk shows, I swear...I pretty grew up on them. Around here, all the syndicated game shows came on in the morning, the network soaps came on during the noon/afternoon time, and then all of the syndicated talk shows came on in the later afternoon. Don't even ask me how I was able to squeeze in the children's shows that I was supposed to be watching back then.

The glory days, for me at least, was from like...about 1994 to around 1999. Springer was at THE TOP of his game then. That's when you had no doubt at all that the guests were real and that the fighting was real. There were some out there shows every now and then, but most of them were about infidelity/cheating. And it wasn't just rednecks and hillbillies either, it was people from all over the country.

I always thought of Sally as being for the older women who felt that they were above the other trashy shows, but wanted to watch one anyway. Sort of a guilty pleasure. Ricki was for the teens, without a doubt. Montel and Maury were for the stay-at-home moms, while Jenny and Jerry were for the ghetto fabulous.

Really, I'm tearing up, thinking about this. It was a daily ritual every afternoon at 4pm. My cousin, who is like 15 years older than me, and her young daughter would walk up the street from their house and they'd gather around the TV with me, my mother, and my older brother. Nevermind the fact that the show was only "for" adults. [!@#$%^&*], I was about 7 or 8, my cousin's daughter was like 1 or 2, and my brother was only 13 or 14. It was family friendly television at its best.

• Members

Everyone had a talk show in the 90's and they were entertaining. How I miss those days.

Maury Povich

Jerry Springer

Montell Williams

Oprah

Leeza

Jenny Jones

Ricki Lake

Sally

Donahue

Geraldo

Gordon Elliot

Carnie Wilson