What would Happen if we pull out of IRAQ asap

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

George Bush hasn't done the United States nay favors by courting enemies and fistering terrorism in Iraq. At this point, we need to restablish ties with our allies and strengthen the U.N. coalition. This interminable occupation in Iraq is only worsening the prolems, fueling ire and sacrificing lives on the altar of EGO. Bush knows damn well he shouldn't have invaded, much less still have troops deployed.

As for what will happen to Iraq once the troops leave, at the risk of sounding blunt, the Iraqi's need to start governing their own without Big brother. I'm not sure where this urgent need to physically babysit another country. Bush Sr. had no qualms about entering Haiti, Africa, etc; destroying their land and making a mass exodus despite the upheaval it caused.

The Democrats need to display some tough love and withhold funding; they've pandered to the Bush adminstration and its rogue foreign affair policy for far too long.

• Members

Do u feellike we have lost our role as a super power? I fel like the jihad is from all the middle east. Not olny is Iran pourng its own brand of terriosm alqie, and lord knows who else were just sitting ducks in Iraq. BUSH GET US OUT WHY ARE WE STILL THERE, Bush need to fucus his attetion and money on becoimng energy indedpeant like Brazil did I do fear a world attack against the U.S. thanks to Bush. Countries polices are soley based to counter the US. I'E" CHina, Russia, North Korea

• Members

We have lost our role as the super power of the world. There are so many counties that hate the United States at this very moment. All they owuld need to do is align themselves and we're screwed.

History has shown that every great empire is eventually conquered. America's day of reckoning is coming.

• Members

The sad truth is, we have to stay. We can not up and leave. That would hurt our credability even further.

The decision to go into Iraq was right, to get rid of Saddam was just. The problem is that intelligence was bad and that was the basis of the war. It should have been to remove Saddam all along. That would have been a better route.

Terrorists were always in Iraq, it was not because of us that they are there. It is just more prevalent now that Saddam is not in power.

The Dems want the troops home, I understand that. But as the super power that we still are, we have not lost that status...I dare anyone to challange us.... we can not cut and run.

• Members

Give it about 12 more years and our time will be up. Its sad though how quickly we went downhill. You get what you ask for, or should I say vote for?

The sad truth is that we have NO credability left. This was a huge mistake that was made and has damaged the US as a whole in ways that I didn't even think we were possible. Everyone views us as a bunch of fat, over-fed, war-hungry monsters.

No it was not. I mean the reason for going to Iraq still is not clear. It changed 3 or 4 times because the president was so hell bent on going there for some personal, selfish reason. I find it funny that the people who have been dead wrong about this war and supporting this war from the get go think they know the answers to everything. Well Geniuses, we are in a world of hurt right now? What do we do next? Invade another country?

But our presence there is NOT needed. We certainly aren't helping the situation, only making it worse. People are still dying every single day. See what most people don't understand about these terrorists is that they are not going to settle down on some of the violence until we leave. They have that sense of mentality of fight til the death, and they mean that 100%. They do not care, they are going to keep on going on until we are gone. They hate us there, they don't want us there, we don't need to be there. We don't have one good reason to be there. There might be reasons but no GOOD one.

If president see-and-say had any grey matter that he wished to use, he would be smart, say he made a mistake and leave it be. Sometimes you have to "cut and run" in order to try and fix things. He ran on the platform of bringing intregrity back to the White House and yet we are looking like the biggest bunch of fools the world has ever seen. And we are not going to be the SP for very long and you know who is challenging us right now? Its China. Let president crap for brains keep spending money like its nothing so that they can prevail. Its going to happen; its a fact of life. Pick up a history book sometime. Being in great power is not going to last forever. We might have had a longer run if it hadn't been for you know who being president, but hey! I didn't vote for him. I refuse to live in an imaginary world where we are supposedly "winning" this war and president Bush is just bar none the greatest president ever (yeah right) and I still support him and anyone against him is "un-american." Theodore Roosevelt said this:

I love my country, I support my country but that does not mean I have to stand behind everything that it does. That is the beauty of America: freedom. I have just been amazed by people and how they've have acted over the last 7 years over George Bush, of all people. Calling people names, threatening their lives because they didn't agree with him and then turn around and call themselves not only patriotic but Christian as well. Hypocrites much? Its a scary though that they think that this is what Jesus would want us to do :o .

• Members

As much as we have reponsibility because of a now 5-year occupation in Iraq, if their own government cannot or will not take to task the issues at hand, it is NOT our job to stay there until they do. The fact is we went in there under false pretenses and made a bigger mess than we started with. We can't change the past. We, as a nation, can't afford war. As we wage wars God knows where, the American dream is shrinking in plausibility. The war at home should be our concern. Should we be concerned with terrorists? Yes. Should their be an entire operation dedicated to stopping it altogether? No. Because it's not plausible. Preventing it as much as possible on our own turf, and in our endless embassies across the globe should be what we are focusing on. We have too many problems at home to claim to be a super power that can afford to wage war after war until every place on this Earth bows down to us. Until I hear one politician focus on this, it's likely I won't vote at all, because there's no point in voting for someone just because they're the lesser of two evils. And I'm one of the biggest advocates for young people voting, but with no change in the political landscape foreseeable, well, it's simply bleak. We've made our selves as a nature so damned unpopular by sticking our muddy boots onto the beaches of other countries that either want nothing to do with democracy, aren't ready for it, or just do not like having something forced on them that seems unnatural. It is not our call to tell anyone what is right and what is wrong when we as a nation cannot even get it right ourselves.

Rant over.

• Members

AMEN EVERYONE READ WHT Q STEPH HAS WROTE i have been saying this for a year now China, Russia, North Korea, Iran could all get togheter and attack us I also belive we have lost our status as a super power. ANd her we got Fat ass Cheney, who on his death bed, still shooting peple talking about attacking Iran. Like some one else said we are stuck in Iraq. If we leave they are coming to get us. Hell look at Bush has done. Made us look stupid to the world and our enemeis, no one supprots him and he ended Blairs tenure in his country. WE NEED TO BE BECOME ENERGY INDEPENDANT that would solve a alot of bull [!@#$%^&*]. Bush STOLE BOTH ELECTIONS and HE WILL go down as the worst pres ever. I hope all who have voted him are sorry they did

• Members

Keith, at least you made sense in your post.

I hate when people just throw out generalizations and nonsense without really thinking BIG PICTURE or actual truth.

There is so much more to this Iraq story than any of us know. What I find funny is that most of the political leaders were FOR us getting rid of Saddam. But once the war turned sour because of mismanagement, they changed their tunes because they choose to use military deaths to strike a chord with voters and it worked. I want the war over, I want my brother home..who is there for the third time and I wish my friend who died in September 2005 was alive and spending this great day with his daughter.

We are still the United States of America. And even if there is anger and distrust out there for our being in Iraq, the world is not that stupid to discount us as a super power or an alley, unless you are Cuba, Iran and North Korea.

Relations with countries will always be strained and then again mended. that is life.

I do agree. Iraq needs to step up and get things moving so they can get their new country in order.

I just wonder what would be said about "W" today if we never went in to Iraq, he continued killing and raping innocent people, gassing them, mass graves, starving them and forcing people to vote for him or be killed....and lets see, continued making WMD's which was his plan....would the same people be pissed at him for doing nothing???

I agree, the war was mismanaged. But show me a textbook that explains every possible scenario and every way to handle what happens. Freedom is a sacrifice...and if we were in the same boat, wouldn't you want help to get freedom?

• Members

AMLC you had credability with your beginnings, but you lost it with your last post.

No elections were stolen...MOVE ON.

You obviously are one of those who believe MY way is the ONLY way. That is wrong and will get you nowhere in life.

The Dems got elected in November with promises they knew they could not fulfill becuase it would be wrong and harmful to our troops and Iraq...and now they are backpeddling and will be the biggest liars you have ever seen!!!

• Members

You dont know me. I can say what I Feel. BUSH DID STEAL THE ELECTIONS and no my way is the only way. I have never said that so pump your brakes. I am allowed to have my own opionion. Thanks! Move on I think Not. I am an american How can I move on. No where in llife, I am blessed and like I said you know nothing about me. lol

your funny though. My way the only way. Please re lax

as a matter of fact i want u to show me where I said my way was the only way?

Just like everyone else in this topic, I just stated how I feel. You dont have to agree with me but by all means show me respect and know what your talking about

And You have to know me to make past judge ment on me.Which you don't so please refrain and thanks in advance

• Members

Why are you acting as if he's the only one who was mistreating his own people? There are countless others who are no better than Hussein, and the US hasn't intervened.

W is a hack moron of a president who is not worth a shread of respect. We don't need Iraq to see how much of a mindless screw-up he is.

Archived