Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail

R!ck

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope you never have to find out how serious driving under the influence can be. I KNOW how serious and tragic the consequences can be. Paris was given probation, the only reason she has to spend time in jail is because of her cavalier attitude towards the law. Paris and Paris alone is responsible for her situation. She needs to accept responsibility and grow up!!!!

This attitude that her offense is "nothing serious" is making me sick.

• Members

Yup real mature, for the record (in case you didn't notice) I was not defending Paris or saying she doesn't deserve to pay for what she has done. Simply stating the fact of why she was being put in jail. People are harping that she deserves it because she drove drunk, etc. etc..but in reality that's not why she is going to jail, plain and simple.

• Members

True, she's not going to jail because she drove drunk but because she violated her probation. But, to be fair, the probation did come from her driving drunk and driving with a suspended license. It's all tied up together.

• Members

jailbird12f8b92ffwa0.jpg

Paris Hilton has issued the following statement through attorney Richard Hutton:

"After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should -- no matter how slightly.

I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation.

No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."

The ugly side of paris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5wSDNKLgME

• Members

I hope that going to jail makes Paris grow up a little, but alas, I'm a realist and know that when she's out she's going to try to sell her story to Lifetime.

From Looking Like A Bird to Jailbird: The Paris Hilton Story

Archived