DAYS: Shayna Rose's responce to NuStephanie.

• Members

and this "improvment" she experienced at the end of her tenure ... involved her not having many scenes with her parents. And being snarky to Chelsea. Fluff material. It's pretty hard to screw that up. But when you can't hold your own with your TV parents - what good are you?? We'd be right back in the same boat we were last year with Stephanie having to deal with Steve's crap, and Kayla's craziness. Pathetic, crying, annoying oldStephanie.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think honestly NuSteph and OldSteph are comparable in terms of talent ... NuSteph just has beauty queen looks. I agree she's a bit less awkward, but a bit less sincere too, tradeoff there. Hopefully working with the vets will rub off on her.

• Members

I just don't like the character of Stephanie as she's written now...period. There were things about Shayna that I liked and things I disliked, but when she was let go, I was mainly just glad to see the character of Stephanie leave. Now, this new actress seems okay and will likely improve with time, but I still don't like the character of Stephanie the way she is written.

• Members

I find it funny how people couldn't stand Shayna when she was on the show, cheered when she was fired, and now pitch a fit because the show dared to recast.

I liked Shayna. I thought she was a fairly decent actress, however the writing for her stunk. She was a JER created character, playing out storylines dictated by JER. By the time Beth took over, we began to see a slight change to her character but by then it was too late. Fans weren't very receptive to her so they got rid of her. It happens. At that time there were 3 characters bitching about wanting their parents back together. This was another grown ass woman bitching about her parents not being together, and lusting after her Uncle Max. Please.....

The show always made it know that they could recast the character. It was speculated that Shayna might pop in from time to time, but it's not like they fired her promising to bring her back in 4 months only to recast behind her back.

I was against the recast. I felt that Stephanie wasn't needed. On top of that, I didn't think that this "beauty queen" would be a good fit for the show. I was wrong. I really like this new girl and think that she has very good chemistry with her castmates, something that Shayna didn't have.

nuStephanie > oldStephanie

• Members

How many times has that exact statement been said over and over again?! :lol:

I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion. I would rather see Shayna's Stephanie, the tomboy with a heart of girl, not afraid to mix it up with the bad boys at anytime, rather than this recycled Chelsea Benson-reject. I believe this was the exact same character we were calling "Swamp Bitch" just last year. :lol:

• Members

I think that most of the people complaining about nuStephanie (and I'm one of them) are not really wanting Shayna back. I realize she wasn't successful in the role. However, this recast is not working--for me anyway--because the character changes are too drastic, too soon. Like others said, she's coming across as Chelsea, part 2. However, it's personal preference; my preference would be that Stephanie stayed in Dayton, at least for now, but I realize others feel differently.

• Members

I started liking Shayna's Stephanie around November when she went on her man hating spree. Just when I started liking her she gets fired. I have only seen this new Stephanie once, and she is not a very good actree IMO.

Archived