Days:CDN TV Guide spoilers for wk of 3/26

• Members

The spoilers for next week have Marlena appearing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If they can afford to use her for 3 eps in the S&K story, there is no reason why she couldn't be given 1 episode with Sami. I will be disappointed in HS if she is not at the shower.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, wait, she has 3 episodes next week? That is good news.

But WHY IN THE HELL CAN'T THEY HAVE HER AIR ONE DAY THAT WEEK FOR HER DAUGHTER'S SHOWER!!!!

Ok there are obvious budget issues if they can't even do that. Why not trade one of those next week just to have her there? Linn, are you sure she makes no appearances the week of the 26th? I mean, maybe there was an oversight. They better have Caroline at the shower at least.

• Members

The budget definitely can't be used to excuse this. If they can only afford to use her in 3 episodes, then they need to pick the episodes in which she is most needed. Having her react to Sami's pregnancy is WAY more important than her invovlement in the S&K story. Arghh..this is just DUMB. :angry:

• Members

The budget can be an excuse for this. If there weren't budget problems, Marlena would be there. Hogan obviously needed Marlena in the Steve/Kayla scenes and sacrificed her bridal shower apparence.

So with Marlena not there, like I knew she wouldn't be, someone's posted a guest list and it sounds pretty acurate. Those in attendance will be: Sami, Kate, Chelsea, Abby, Billie, and those are only the for sures. Then we may get Hope and Kayla, but I doubt it. I have no doubt in my mind that Lucas and Nick will somehow show up.

• Members

To me this is totally inexcusable. This is both Hogan & Corday's fault. All Hogan had to do was rework scenes around to do this. If Hogan planned it this way then Corday should have reworked it. Someone over there needs to put their priorities in order.

I don't care who else is at Sami's shower if Marlena is not there it is totally wrong. This is her daughter. Days has been about family for years. I'm sure they will say she has to be with John but yet she could leave John to take care of Steve & Billie.

This is very irresponsible and sorry but baddddddddddddddddd writing.

• Members

I agree with everyone who says that Marlena had to be there.

No one can assure me that Marlena HAD to be used in THREE episodes with Steve, at the expense of Sami's story... Please!

I am starting to believe Corday and that there really isn't much of budget issue and that this is what we are supposed to be seeing and this is how Hogan wants to write...

• Members

Oh, I know! ;) I just forgot to type in "Steve's story"... :)

But still, doesn't matter who she has scenes with.. I don't think it should be THAT important to use her THREE times for Steve's story (doesn't matter who she has scenes with) and NONE for Sami's story.

What I meant was, if they do have restricted budget and they know they can't use Marlena whenever they want, then Hogan should have been more careful and he should have done something like have Marlena on TWO episodes in Steve's story (and I do think it's a bit too late.. she should have been in Steve's storyline right after Kayla took John's kidney out!!!) and ONE with her DAUGHTER!

So I do blame Hogan for this one... budget crisis or no budget crisis, it's his fault, IMO...

Archived