GL: Week of March 12th

• Members

We haven't had a weekly thread in awhile so I thought I'd make one. It's a little early, but I wanted to talk about last week and it seemed pointless to make a thread for that now.

Beth is cracking me up. I had to laugh at the way she is so blatantly going after AM because she thinks Alan is a lost cause. It kind of made me sad to see her turn Rick down though. I see him as her last chance to get away from Alan.

Not sure what I think of Daisy. The acting is uneven and it pulls me out of the story sometimes, but I really like Harley in this story. She's so desperate to do right by Daisy this time and nothing's working. I really like GUsh right now too. :unsure:

Are they going for Jeffery and Olivia? :o If Olivia chooses Jeffery over Buzz she deserves everything that comes her way.

I loved it when the Buzz and Coop made Ashlee an honorary Cooper. I'd LOVE to see a Coop/ Ashlee romance, but I don't think they'll do it. Ashlee will probably have to be the stalker/spoiler for Ava and Coop down the road.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear you. I was behind for along time too. The show has been really good the last few weeks though. I still can't believe how good it's been considering that they lost Jammy and didn't have a couple in the younger set to replace them really. I do think they need to bring in a new guy for that group because at this point there's no one for Lizzie, unless we are going back to a triangle with Cava. <_<

• Members

With the exception of Ava I loved Friday's episode. It had been the first episode in a long time that I watched without changing the channel, it felt like old times. Another plus that on that episode the Beacon set was only used once I believe. That's always good. This episode reminded me of the pre-Conboy era.

• Members

Wasn't GL preempted yesterday and today?

I managed to finally watch the episode for Feb. 19 earlier this week (I can't believe I'm almost a month behind). Michael Dempsey was fab in that episode! Arghh...I cannot believe they let him go! They haven't delved into the character's issues in a while and they did that day. Too bad Ava was his scene partner for most of the show.

• Members

Hey guys...just want to say how great guiding light is lately. I'm THRILLED for the emmy nods...this show really deserves this. From what I hear...they have the smallest budget in daytime and that's been the case for years...and given all these restrictions they still manage to pull off a decent show. I'm still grieving the loss of Another World and I just wish people would get behind this show. As a soap viewer who lost two of his favorite shows (Santa Barbara and Another World), I kinda scream inside when I hear people constantly complain about this show. Some even snicker about it's "demise" and are looking forward to saying "I told ya so". Well, I'm afraid if more of us don't get behind this little engine who could quick...we'll all regret it if and when that day comes. Guiding Light is in better shape now imo than in years....especially after losing two of it's younger stars....good for them!

• Members
Reva and Cassie had a mini showdown over Josh. Reva is angry that she sacrificed and was willing to die alone so Josh could live and he's throwing it all away. R&C came to an understanding, but Reva went to Jeffery to ask if Cassie would have an easier time getting off. Josh got out on bail, but AM set him and Cassie up. He tricked them into leaving the county and had Josh rearrested. Ava continues to fall for AM's lies. Meanwhile, Jeffery convinced Cassie to accept Josh's sacrifice.

Josh was offered a deal of two years, but Cassie wants him to go to trial. Beth found Josh's gun at the Spaulding mansion and AM walked in. Both claim they have nothing to do with it. Ashlee is planning her 18th birthday party with interference from Doris. Olivia lied to Buzz again about talking to Jefferey. Buzz called her on it and on being afraid to be honest with him, even though he understands she wants to protect Ava from the Spauldings. Lizzie told Rick she doesn't care if Alan lives or dies. Rick asked Mel for a divorce.

I'm sure a lot more happened, but that's what comes to mind. :)

Archived